Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Resolved: NDSU should start recruiting based on a geographic quota system

Default Re: 2017 Recruiting Summary

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Need more Twin Cities Kids!! losing Luke sucks, we always should have 8-10 kids from the Twin Cities Metro each year, PERIOD>
    Really Chappie????? Coaches should have passed on Dudzik, Wentz, Heagle, Bruce Anderson, Darius Shepherd, Kuhnert, the big OL men from ND et al ......just because they're not from the minny/st. paul ? Really ???

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Really Chappie????? Coaches should have passed on Dudzik, Wentz, Heagle, Bruce Anderson, Darius Shepherd, Kuhnert, the big OL men from ND et al ......just because they're not from the minny/st. paul ? Really ???
    I think he said 8-10 per year which is a stretch. How many do we usually get from the TC?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I think he said 8-10 per year which is a stretch. How many do we usually get from the TC?
    3 or 4 - almost all from outside, often way outside, the 494/694 ring. Seems incredible that anybody would criticize NDSU's recruiting but you must consider the source.

Debate topic: Resolved: NDSU should start recruiting based on a geographic quota system. Debating for the affirmative: Lakesbison Rebutting: Nobody because why bother?

All one can do is move this crap to its own thread rather than mess up one that is meant to serve as a permanent reference.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Resolved: NDSU should start recruiting based on a geographic quota system

Nebraska, Kansas
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Default Re: Resolved: NDSU should start recruiting based on a geographic quota system

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Need more Twin Cities Kids!! losing Luke sucks, (HE WAS A TOP 10 Minnesota ranked recruit!) we always should have 8-10 kids from the Twin Cities Metro each year, PERIOD>

(Yes we get 6-10 each year from TC/Minnesota)
    A top 10 Minnesota recruit that obviously doesn't want to be at NDSU and doesn't want to compete for playing time. Good luck to him, but good riddance....Give me guys that wanna work their tails off, no matter what recruiting rankings say. Give me Haeg, Schaetz, and Steidl who will put in some effort to earn a scholarship over a guy that is upset that he has competition at his position.

And the 8-10 from the cities is pretty dumb. I would rather have all the right players from places no one has heard of than take wrong ones just to have a presence in MSP.

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    3 or 4 - almost all from outside, often way outside, the 494/694 ring. Seems incredible that anybody would criticize NDSU's recruiting but you must consider the source.

Debate topic: Resolved: NDSU should start recruiting based on a geographic quota system. Debating for the affirmative: Lakesbison Rebutting: Nobody because why bother?

All one can do is move this crap to its own thread rather than mess up one that is meant to serve as a permanent reference.

Thank you.
    Hail Hydra.

Jose 2009-12!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    A top 10 Minnesota recruit that obviously doesn't want to be at NDSU and doesn't want to compete for playing time. Good luck to him, but good riddance....Give me guys that wanna work their tails off, no matter what recruiting rankings say. Give me Haeg, Schaetz, and Steidl who will put in some effort to earn a scholarship over a guy that is upset that he has competition at his position.

And the 8-10 from the cities is pretty dumb. I would rather have all the right players from places no one has heard of than take wrong ones just to have a presence in MSP.
    Great Point. It seems like El Chapo is recommending a DII recruiting model - I thought he was an FBS forward-looking evangelist. 5 championships in a row and the last 3 players drafted have been from Schuyler, NE; Bismarck, ND and Brainerd, MN.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

Isn't Senor Chapo still on moderation? Can't you just delete or ignore the original message, so it doesn't mess anything up in the first place?
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1