Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Verbal: Noah Gindorff

Default Re: 2017 Verbal: Noah Gindorff

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Ryan, in his new podcast, basically said, without saying, it will be miracle if NDSU holds on this kid. He swears this is a P5 level player. I really like Ryan since he is not an NDSU rube; huge reason I appreciate him.
    Ryan is a huge Gophers fan and would love to see him flip to his team.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Ryan is a huge Gophers fan
    Poor fellow.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Ryan is a huge Gophers fan and would love to see him flip to his team.
    And your point is......? Again, that is why I like Ryan as he is not an NDSU fan, and it willing to point out the guys they may have a hard time holding.

And your point is......? Again, that is why I like Ryan as he is not an NDSU fan, and it willing to point out the guys they may have a hard time holding.
    And you don't think that Ryan might give his opinion to Gopher coaches while keeping in touch with Gopher recruits? Maybe the Gophers have somebody else in mind, but what if that doesn't work out and Ryan keeps reminding them about Noah?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    And you don't think that Ryan might give his opinion to Gopher coaches while keeping in touch with Gopher recruits? Maybe the Gophers have somebody else in mind, but what if that doesn't work out and Ryan keeps reminding them about Noah?
    Why would the Gopher coaches need Ryan's opinion? With Noah attending their camps and being on their radar, they have all the information they need on him.

In regards to offering NDSU's recruits, that's pretty easy too without Ryan's help. All they have to do is look up a few scouting pages.

Truth is, NDSU doesn't recruit P5 kids, which is what Minnesota does or tries to do. Instead, NDSU is going to find kids that fit their system (not Minnesota's) and have the potential to being P5 football player after a few years of development. Minnesota, on the other hand, is looking for kids that are already developed and are ready to play now in order to keep up with other P5 schools. They don't have the advantage (or maybe ability) to develop top-notch kids and still be competitive.

Yes, we lose a few kids to the Big 10 each year, but we're not losing many. It's not like those schools aren't aware of NDSU anymore.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Why would the Gopher coaches need Ryan's opinion? With Noah attending their camps and being on their radar, they have all the information they need on him.

In regards to offering NDSU's recruits, that's pretty easy too without Ryan's help. All they have to do is look up a few scouting pages.

Truth is, NDSU doesn't recruit P5 kids, which is what Minnesota does or tries to do. Instead, NDSU is going to find kids that fit their system (not Minnesota's) and have the potential to being P5 football player after a few years of development. Minnesota, on the other hand, is looking for kids that are already developed and are ready to play now in order to keep up with other P5 schools. They don't have the advantage (or maybe ability) to develop top-notch kids and still be competitive.

Yes, we lose a few kids to the Big 10 each year, but we're not losing many. It's not like those schools aren't aware of NDSU anymore.
    While I get and agree with your overall point, I disagree with this here. With the exception of maybe tOSU and (current)Michigan, the top teams in the Big10 develop players quite well. You look at someone like Darqueze Dennard, who was a 2* WR when he came to MSU. Kirk Cousins was a 3* guy out of HS, but he developed into an NFL QB. JJ Watt was a 2* TE before walking on at Wisconsin. Those are some pretty big names that I know off the top of my head that weren't overly recruited but developed nicely. I mean, you talk about us recruiting against CMU these days, if JJ Watt was in HS right now, we could be talking about him being here. The best programs recruit well AND develop well. Minnesota needs to start with developing and then the recruiting will come with some success.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

ryan is a professional unlike some stoner from vegas thats a bison fan. get over it, minnesota is going after P5 kids, NDSU cant because we wont move up. only 4 Minnesota kids on gophers starting lineup on depth chart this year
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    While I get and agree with your overall point, I disagree with this here. With the exception of maybe tOSU and (current)Michigan, the top teams in the Big10 develop players quite well. You look at someone like Darqueze Dennard, who was a 2* WR when he came to MSU. Kirk Cousins was a 3* guy out of HS, but he developed into an NFL QB. JJ Watt was a 2* TE before walking on at Wisconsin. Those are some pretty big names that I know off the top of my head that weren't overly recruited but developed nicely. I mean, you talk about us recruiting against CMU these days, if JJ Watt was in HS right now, we could be talking about him being here. The best programs recruit well AND develop well. Minnesota needs to start with developing and then the recruiting will come with some success.
    I think we're agreeing more than disagreeing. I was mainly specific about Minnesota and their ability to develop recruits into top-notch kids. From the past decade, I think the best players to come out of their program are Eric Decker and Ra'Shede Hageman. I also think that Maxx Williams and David Cobb have an outside chance of being decent to good NFL players.
    Hail the BISON!!!

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't have an issue with a non-rube covering NDSU, but I have wondered about exactly how much access he has to NDSU's inner workings and if that couldn't be to the Gophers advantage at some point. I question the wisdom of allowing non-Bison too much access

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I don't have an issue with a non-rube covering NDSU, but I have wondered about exactly how much access he has to NDSU's inner workings and if that couldn't be to the Gophers advantage at some point. I question the wisdom of allowing non-Bison too much access
    If you NERDS dont wanna be big time FBS then quit your whining about this. you cant have it both ways
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?