Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Entz

Default Matt Entz

What does everyone think about this guy moving forward?

Default Re: Matt Entz

One of the worst coaches in D1

Quote Originally Posted by BiZon22 View Post
    One of the worst coaches in D1
    Agree!! It's time for a change before he runs the program into the ground.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

First Neanderthal to be named head coach!

Stopped racism by allowing players to kneel for the national anthem!

Can't make pudding!

Let's his wife wear the pants!

Full of excuses!

Promoted the west Fargo kid to oc!

Build a statue eh!

Lardsin must go!

My biggest issue with Entz is his stubbornness.

There's been 2 times off the top of my head where he's been wrong, but when asked about poor decisions, he's doubled down.

One instance was a 2 point conversion decision in a tight game that was blatantly wrong. It was a crucial decision and he botched it. Instead of admitting the decision and doubled down. Maybe someone can recall the game.

Yesterday, we're down 3 scores and he's asked about the lack of urgency trying to come back. Again, instead of admitting we need to work faster in that situation, he doubles down and says he was pleased with how we were able to operate. He threw in a comment that we're not really built for a 2 minute offense.

Finally, our weakness has been fundamental defense the last couple seasons. Entz is a defensive guy, but we haven't seemed to make adjustments.

Also, Stig and staff, absolutely owned him. At least he seems to have moved on from the swinging gate BS.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

I like Entz. He just needs to recruit bigger and better D-lineman who can get pressure without blitzing

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I’d be ok moving on. But the guy won 2 championships (granted, off the backs of players he mostly didn’t recruit), so I have a hard time seeing Larson make a change any time soon. It would take missing the playoffs a couple years in a row for that to happen I think…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I’d be ok moving on. But the guy won 2 championships (granted, off the backs of players he mostly didn’t recruit), so I have a hard time seeing Larson make a change any time soon. It would take missing the playoffs a couple years in a row for that to happen I think…
    Was he not involved in the recruiting effort as the DC?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    My biggest issue with Entz is his stubbornness.

There's been 2 times off the top of my head where he's been wrong, but when asked about poor decisions, he's doubled down.

One instance was a 2 point conversion decision in a tight game that was blatantly wrong. It was a crucial decision and he botched it. Instead of admitting the decision and doubled down. Maybe someone can recall the game.

Yesterday, we're down 3 scores and he's asked about the lack of urgency trying to come back. Again, instead of admitting we need to work faster in that situation, he doubles down and says he was pleased with how we were able to operate. He threw in a comment that we're not really built for a 2 minute offense.

Finally, our weakness has been fundamental defense the last couple seasons. Entz is a defensive guy, but we haven't seemed to make adjustments.

Also, Stig and staff, absolutely owned him. At least he seems to have moved on from the swinging gate BS.
    Really the only Bison O that I recall that could effectively execute a two minute offense was 2015 and I think there was one guy who was a huge part of that. Have I got that wrong?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Really the only Bison O that I recall that could effectively execute a two minute offense was 2015 and I think there was one guy who was a huge part of that. Have I got that wrong?
    Wasn't Entz the guy who said they don't even practice the 2 minute drill which is completely stupid especially when you do admit that you're not good at it?

Lardsin must go!