Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 MVFC Recruiting

Default Re: 2017 MVFC Recruiting

Now JJ raving about USD recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I dunno. Nielson has a hell of a proven track record; I think he has proved that. (Granted, the culture argument.) I wonder if we are seeing a start to the changing of the guard in SD.
    Proven track record doesnt mean squat, so many cases of that its nuts. He has to accomplish the things I laid out. What he did elsewhere does not transfer to Vermillion. You can convince/sell a kid but then you have to keep them, they have to want to stay, they have to want to win, you have to coach them up and teach them. Its called Culture. USD doesnt have that, now im not saying Nielson cant build that but it takes way more than this class to achieve.

Look at Spack, trying to be NDSU with Transfers, Sam Houston, JSU etc..they rob peter to pay paul with FBS flunkies.

Ill give credit where its due when I see results from USD. SDSU is also an example, coaches bragging and smacking on social medai does not create a hard nosed, winning culture, and their track record is way better than USD
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Proven track record doesnt mean squat, so many cases of that its nuts. He has to accomplish the things I laid out. What he did elsewhere does not transfer to Vermillion. You can convince/sell a kid but then you have to keep them, they have to want to stay, they have to want to win, you have to coach them up and teach them. Its called Culture. USD doesnt have that, now im not saying Nielson cant build that but it takes way more than this class to achieve.

Look at Spack, trying to be NDSU with Transfers, Sam Houston, JSU etc..they rob peter to pay paul with FBS flunkies.

Ill give credit where its due when I see results from USD. SDSU is also an example, coaches bragging and smacking on social medai does not create a hard nosed, winning culture, and their track record is way better than USD
    Oh, come now; that is way to overly harsh to the SD schools. There is zero doubt Glenn made progress there and SDSU has had success by any normal measure; reminder they just came off their best season ever. I will give credit where due, even if both failing by NDSU standards.

Nielson is a good recruiter and coach. USD will be on the rise if he stays there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Nielson is a good recruiter and coach. USD will be on the rise if he stays there.
    Bingo; in my opinion, considering our discuss on a successor to Coach K, he would likely be on a short list for NDSU if the unthinkable of him ever leaving happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Agreed. He has proven to improve the programs where ever he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I dunno. Nielson has a hell of a proven track record; I think he has proved that. (Granted, the culture argument.) I wonder if we are seeing a start to the changing of the guard in SD.
    I don't think they are as far off as some think. They are really trending the right way.

UNI I think is turning into a dumpster fire. You can't keep going through the assistants they way they do. I really believe the sooner they replace Farley the better they will be. He has no staff now and if I was the AD now that signing day is done I would cut him loose and replace him before he brings in a staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I don't think they are as far off as some think. They are really trending the right way.

UNI I think is turning into a dumpster fire. You can't keep going through the assistants they way they do. I really believe the sooner they replace Farley the better they will be. He has no staff now and if I was the AD now that signing day is done I would cut him loose and replace him before he brings in a staff.
    They probably can't afford the buyout for Farley.

Wascally Wabbits: Jordan Paup heads to Nebraska as a walk on.
    No sign of WR Isaiah Hill yet on SDSU's signing list.
    Hopkins HS's Campbell and Lofton did sign

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Wascally Wabbits: Jordan Paup heads to Nebraska as a walk on.
    No sign of WR Isaiah Hill yet on SDSU's signing list.
    Hopkins HS's Campbell and Lofton did sign
    Hill signed.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.