Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 MVFC Recruiting

Default Re: 2017 MVFC Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Will he Row the Boat???

UNI commit Austin Schirck, Carroll, IA (Carroll), DL 6' 5" 265
    visiting Minnesota this weekend.
    Minnesota did offer, and Schirck did flip his oars to the Gophers.
    Gets to follow assistant coach Bryce Paup from UNI to Minnesota.

Interesting. I follow Iowa Hawkeyes recruiting and those fans get absolutely peeved when Iowa fills out their recruiting class with MAC recruits that they flip. So when Minnesota flips a MVFC commit I am going to guess that Gopher fans get ticked. I know the Iowa fans who were worried about Fleck are looking at his recruiting class now and are not impressed with some of the MAC flips and now MVFC flips he's bringing in. You're not going to win the Big Ten with MAC and MVFC level recruits.

USD has a commits that are getting offered by Big 12 and SEC schools now, Kansas and Mizzou. I can only imagine what Mizzou fans are thinking, how are we going to compete in the SEC with players we are stealing from South Dakota.

Now, none of that is saying that these players aren't exceptional players. I'm just saying that fans go by the star rating game and when they see a recruit that is getting MVFC level offers then all the sudden a BIG, SEC, or Big 12 school starts offering, it just seems strange. A MAC school I could understand, but SEC?

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    Interesting. I follow Iowa Hawkeyes recruiting and those fans get absolutely peeved when Iowa fills out their recruiting class with MAC recruits that they flip. So when Minnesota flips a MVFC commit I am going to guess that Gopher fans get ticked. I know the Iowa fans who were worried about Fleck are looking at his recruiting class now and are not impressed with some of the MAC flips and now MVFC flips he's bringing in. You're not going to win the Big Ten with MAC and MVFC level recruits.

USD has a commits that are getting offered by Big 12 and SEC schools now, Kansas and Mizzou. I can only imagine what Mizzou fans are thinking, how are we going to compete in the SEC with players we are stealing from South Dakota.

Now, none of that is saying that these players aren't exceptional players. I'm just saying that fans go by the star rating game and when they see a recruit that is getting MVFC level offers then all the sudden a BIG, SEC, or Big 12 school starts offering, it just seems strange. A MAC school I could understand, but SEC?
    The irony is many MVFC teams beat the Big Ten /Big 12 teams with MVFC players. It's starting to become more of the norm. Heck we beat a Mac school in 2006 while we were transitioning from D2 to D1.. So the 2006 team beat a mac school with mostly D2 players

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Things may be different down the road, but coaches always gotta start somewhere

Well, whatever happened with Northern Iowa, WR Denzel Fondungallah
    of Cretin Derham Hall HS goes from a UNI verbal to an Augustana verbal.

Kansas State flips a Coyote verbal, OLB Ian Nordell - 6'4" 230 lbs - Concordia HS, KS

But South Dakota does pick up a verbal from DL Luke Chuol's teammate, DT Sammy Byrd 6' 270 lbs - Centennial HS - Circle Pines , MN

Welcome to the FCS table. Not to sound cocky, but truthfully this has been happening to us for awhile now. I know other schools deal with it too. It's not like they are just offering anyone...I mean can you tell me that you couldn't win in the Big 12, B1G or SEC with someone like Nick DeLuca, Billy Turner, Joe Haeg? Even if he is an A+ special teamer, you still need a guy like that on your team. Not every player is a star and some are worth taking a chance on. It goes on with FCS schools offering DII kids. Brock Jensen got a late offer from us and was going to play DII.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

will be interesting to see if SDSU stays with Noah Urbanek. Really good player. I loved his film and he did a nice job at camp. Interesting situation for sure.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    will be interesting to see if SDSU stays with Noah Urbanek. Really good player. I loved his film and he did a nice job at camp. Interesting situation for sure.
    If SDSU stays with him? More veiled comments from Burgandy...is there something you know that you want to reveal to the public or just continue to stir the pot?
    Jackrabbit1979 - Bringing delusional Bison fans back down to earth since 2004.

Another compliment to Coyote recruiting as South Dakota loses another
    recruit, flipping to Iowa is S JACK KOERNER 6'1" 195 lbs - Dowling Catholic HS, Des Moines

BV is your only source of recruiting. Ask dan Jackson. Huge husker fan. It's all over husker sites and has been since early January. Not sure why u care or have expectations on our site. I'm not the bad guy. He's a jack. Don't worry.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.