Page 71 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Verbal: Christian Watson

Default Re: 2017 Verbal: Christian Watson

Packers.com: Loyalty, character, winner: The makeup of Christian Watson and his journey to the NFL.
    https://www.packers.com/news/longfor...journey-to-nfl

Good article about CW.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's going to take some time to start accepting the Packers stuff...

Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Dude hasn't signed yet bros eh

Lardsin must go!

I thought NFL rookie contracts were pretty much etched in stone.........cut and dry, no wiggle room.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    I thought NFL rookie contracts were pretty much etched in stone.........cut and dry, no wiggle room.
    Could be wrong, but I think it's about the guaranteed money in the contract.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Could be wrong, but I think it's about the guaranteed money in the contract.
    Sounds like you're probably right according to this:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/202...-with-packers/
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

According to this, Christian Watson was placed on the PUP (Physically Unable to Perform) list today by the Packers:

Packers rookie WR Watson opens camp on PUP list

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/footba...-news/10854176

Maybe this is just some sort of procedural move? He just signed his contract, and I hadn't heard of any injury concerns...

Quote Originally Posted by CoachFSCB View Post
    According to this, Christian Watson was placed on the PUP (Physically Unable to Perform) list today by the Packers:

Packers rookie WR Watson opens camp on PUP list

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/footba...-news/10854176

Maybe this is just some sort of procedural move? He just signed his contract, and I hadn't heard of any injury concerns...
    For some clarity, I don't know the exact reason for the move but being placed on the PUP list prior to training camp start is far less concerning than the preseason and in-season PUP. The latter you need to sit out 6 games before the team needs to make a decision on you injury-wise. The pre-training camp PUP list is indefinite. They could take him off the list anytime they want.

Doesn't lessen the potential severity but we don't need to assume he is out for 6+ weeks like usual with that designation.
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    For some clarity, I don't know the exact reason for the move but being placed on the PUP list prior to training camp start is far less concerning than the preseason and in-season PUP. The latter you need to sit out 6 games before the team needs to make a decision on you injury-wise. The pre-training camp PUP list is indefinite. They could take him off the list anytime they want.

Doesn't lessen the potential severity but we don't need to assume he is out for 6+ weeks like usual with that designation.
    https://twitter.com/rossuglem/status...yuTgCLBSJUlxsA

Ross Uglem
    @RossUglem
    Source: the PUP issue with #Packers WR Christian Watson is not considered to be serious/long term and he is expected to be available sooner than later.