Page 29 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Verbal: Christian Watson

Default Re: 2017 Verbal: Christian Watson

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I think it's more a case of initial time and energy is spent at the P5 level and then attention trickles down as the draft process rolls along.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    I'm thinking that they all have that nagging question in the back of their minds regarding level of competition. Sure this guy stands out at the FCS level but how could he do against the big dogs? These games now start to answer that question. But every NFL team knew very well who and what Christian was before the 2021 season started. I'm certain of that. Yes it's an assumption, but I think it's solid.

Here is some more draft chatter regarding Christian:

https://nflmocks.com/2022/02/08/chri...outing-report/

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Here is some more draft chatter regarding Christian:

https://nflmocks.com/2022/02/08/chri...outing-report/
    That guy obviously watched only plays were Watson had the ball in his hands.

Mentions blocking as an area to improve and coaches won't take lightly to lack of effort in the blocking game. The way it was written you can tell he didn't even watch film of his blocking it was all based on his perceived strength and whether he is strong enough to block.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

Mentions blocking as an area to improve and coaches won't take lightly to lack of effort in the blocking game. The way it was written you can tell he didn't even watch film of his blocking it was all based on his perceived strength and whether he is strong enough to block.

You mean a guy mining for clicks on the internet doesnt know what he's talking about? how strange!

Quote Originally Posted by Minimum8Pete View Post
    You mean a guy mining for clicks on the internet doesnt know what he's talking about? how strange!
    And these guys all trying to write 50+ articles on draft eligible players. No way they can really break them all down but they feel compelled to look like they are super detailed in their take.

Last edited by TAILG8R; 02-09-2022 at 04:40 PM.

I try to ignore all of the mock draft and player evaluation talk and assume if people were really good at evaluating talent they would be working for an NFL team and even some of those scouts in the NFL don't seem to be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

It's OK to not be OK.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I try to ignore all of the mock draft and player evaluation talk and assume if people were really good at evaluating talent they would be working for an NFL team and even some of those scouts in the NFL don't seem to be very good.
    Once you get past the combine, and are within a week or so of the draft...the mocks are better...but to your point there are always risers and fallers that the experts miss. If they miss Watson, someone could get a very good deal in the middle rounds. Good news for Watson is that those are shorter contracts, so if you play well you get paid sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Probably not enough NFL scouting jobs to go around right? Here is an article about the six person staff at the Cincinnati Bengals, the smallest in the league they say. I know it's a little drift but since the recent talk is NFL draft here I thought it fits.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/02/07/mm...ms-los-angeles

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Probably not enough NFL scouting jobs to go around right? Here is an article about the six person staff at the Cincinnati Bengals, the smallest in the league they say. I know it's a little drift but since the recent talk is NFL draft here I thought it fits.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/02/07/mm...ms-los-angeles
    Thanks for sharing this, Greenfield. This raised the question, "Which teams have the largest scouting staffs?" After a bit of research, I found this. The 49 ers have 21 total staffers; the Eagles have 24, the Ravens have 20 and the Colts have 18 staffers. Talk about getting more with less.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Thanks for sharing this, Greenfield. This raised the question, "Which teams have the largest scouting staffs?" After a bit of research, I found this. The 49 ers have 21 total staffers; the Eagles have 24, the Ravens have 20 and the Colts have 18 staffers. Talk about getting more with less.
    I met a guy last Spring who works for a scouting service. They were helping with The Spring League (developmental league for former college players not on professional contract). There are probably several services like this so I wouldn't put too much weight on the size of a team's recruiting staff. Some may use recruiting companies more than others.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk