Page 134 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1464

Thread: 2017 Verbal: Christian Watson

Default Re: 2017 Verbal: Christian Watson

Context matters. He was asked a question and he answered. That play was a run play called. Rodgers saw something and was doing Watson a favor by throwing him the ball thinking he would score. The way he answered that question makes me think that there was a conversation had in the huddle or on the sidelines with Watson about wanting to get into the end zone. Rodgers saw the chance and gave it to him. I don't think Watson ran the wrong route, I don't think he ever saw the signal.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    He said it with a grin and a laugh. Settle down. https://twitter.com/FootBasket/statu...62999349366784

And of course it was Watson's fault for missing the audible.

This forum is so sensitive

(and I hate Rodgers....unless he was a Viking then he is the GOAT while he wore purple)
    They are all grown men playing a sport that I am not going to lose an ounce of sleep over. I find it interesting that any time a former Bison gets criticized, and God forbid a Bison fan says anything that might sound defensive, they are called out for being a sensitive homer. I'm a Bronco fan, not Viking, and don't dislike Rodgers simply for being on a rival team. One rarely, if ever, sees Rodgers tap his chest saying "that's on me." WRs ALWAYS run the wrong routes. In the one replay I saw last night I don't recall seeing Christian look back to see Rodgers wipe his forearms that signaled the play. Not sure if it was also audibled. Joking around in the huddle of a game that was already decided is fine. Rodgers' quote about "you want to score touchdowns, you run the right routes" to the media afterwards is petty, arrogant, and lacks leadership.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Rodgers' quote about "you want to score touchdowns, you run the right routes" to the media afterwards is petty, arrogant, and lacks leadership.
    Couldn't disagree more given the context. But hate on, sir.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Couldn't disagree more given the context. But hate on, sir.
    Agree to disagree. Had Rodgers said something like, "To be honest, we were trying to get Christian another TD and unfortunately we weren't on the same page." would change my OPINION of him and how he treats others on the national stage and in the media. This isn't the first time he's had an opportunity to defend instead of point fingers at a receiver.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Agree to disagree. Had Rodgers said something like, "To be honest, we were trying to get Christian another TD and unfortunately we weren't on the same page." would change my OPINION of him and how he treats others on the national stage and in the media. This isn't the first time he's had an opportunity to defend instead of point fingers at a receiver.
    This is why he comes off douchey. She should have asked him why he over threw a wide open Cobb earlier in the game and ended up being a pick. I'm sure he'd have blamed Cobb for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    This is why he comes off douchey. She should have asked him why he over threw a wide open Cobb earlier in the game and ended up being a pick. I'm sure he'd have blamed Cobb for that too.
    Was that a pass to Cobb or Lazard that ended in an interception ?

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you listened to the post-game presser, Aaron said that that line is a bit of an inside joke in the film room when someone messes up a route the coaches will say, "hey if you want to catch TDs run the right route." You can see him smiling when he says it.

It was Lazard.

Hey now don't be adding context! Just hate hate hate. People also need to realize Rodgers swims deep in the pool of sarcasm. This is something not really seen by those on the outside of the locker room and can be taken incorrectly not knowing the context of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyJoeDavola View Post
    Hey now don't be adding context! Just hate hate hate. People also need to realize Rodgers swims deep in the pool of sarcasm. This is something not really seen by those on the outside of the locker room and can be taken incorrectly not knowing the context of the situation.
    You can tell by whether Aaron is smiling or not. After the first game of the year he wasn't smiling when he made cracks like that.

Not that Aaron is a saint, but he is a weird dude and super misunderstood. Nothing wrong with that, but it leads to him getting taken wrong a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*