Page 17 of 147 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Verbal: Christian Watson

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 Verbal: Christian Watson

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It's not everything but it's certainly important. What gets me is when people think a 4.6 ot 4.7 is slow. That's still really fast, especially at the college level. The average Joe will run a 6 to 8 second 40

One of my favorite videos is Rich Eisen at the NFL draft and he ran a best time of a 6 flat and he trained for a year. They compared it to NFL guys and its one of the funniest things you will ever see

Basically everyone at the NFL combine is there because they are a great football player. They can block, run good routes. In many cases, speed is the only differentiator

The 40 isn't a sprinter measure. They dont run it in high school or college track. it was invented because of punt coverage times but the most valuable part of a 40 is the 10 yard split

Just unreal breakaway speed. Now that can be schemed against, but that scheme can open up other guys underneath.

And you know a BISON receiver won't have a problem with only a couple targets a game if it means he's getting his teammates catches.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Every Christian Watson TD at NDSU:

The second catch was pretty awesome... and the one at 3:44 was insane.
    Next level shit. Wow I've never seen them all back to back to back

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Today I learned that the only thing that separates NFL players from each other is their 40 times. Crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Every Christian Watson TD at NDSU:

The second catch was pretty awesome... and the one at 3:44 was insane.
    Lol the "overthrown" hopeful whisper by the Towson color guy kills me every time
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Here's a thing from last October. Does not look like it has had a lot of views...

Christian Watson - The best Mid Round WR in the 22 NFL Draft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3mn4zSBesI

Here is a 2017 signing day video from Bison Athletics. Did not see it anywhere in the thread early on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieBRORUSJgA

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't care what his forty time ends up being all I know is we have never had a guy this fast or a guy that plays this fast. I mean he separated with each stride from southern speed. He made corners look silly when it became a foot race.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

When he gets to top end speed it's no contest with anyone I have seen on film with him. In the NFL he will need to be more evasive, but once he gets up to speed he will probably not lose a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I don't care what his forty time ends up being all I know is we have never had a guy this fast or a guy that plays this fast. I mean he separated with each stride from southern speed. He made corners look silly when it became a foot race.
    Stacey Robinson separated like that. 4.3 40

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    Stacey Robinson separated like that. 4.3 40
    Stacy was very fast indeed. Actually, so were Allen Burrell and Marques Johnson.

Watson's top gear looks fastest of them all though... that said, nobody can eyeball speed.