Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hagerott has Resigned

Default Re: Hagerott has Resigned

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I don't think you know our Governor as well as you think you do. The anti education legislators are not on the same page as him. They both might want change but it isn't the same change or same reasons.
    Enlighten me. Like I said, I can't make sense of it.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

The short version is Roscoe and the we will do anything to take down NDUS legislators just care about decreasing spending they could care less on what the process is and don't see the value in higher ed. Doug definitely sees the value he just believes there are ways especially with technology to make it more efficient.

The short version is Roscoe and the we will do anything to take down NDUS legislators just care about decreasing spending they could care less on what the process is and don't see the value in higher ed. Doug definitely sees the value he just believes there are ways especially with technology to make it more efficient.
    So, what? They're afraid that he's going to succeed in getting more education for less money when what they really want is less education for less money? I'm still not getting it, gonna need the long version. Where's the down side for them in letting him try?

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    So, what? They're afraid that he's going to succeed in getting more education for less money when what they really want is less education for less money? I'm still not getting it. Where's the down side for them in letting him try?
    Its the power, this has been their pet project that they have failed at for just about a decade. They want total control at the legislative level. The Governor is just a person who should sit and sign off on what the legislature sends him.

Its the power, this has been their pet project that they have failed at for just about a decade. They want total control at the legislative level. The Governor is just a person who should sit and sign off on what the legislature sends him.
    Ok. So, chickenshit then. I guess I had it from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Ok. So, chickenshit then. I guess I had it from the start.
    You're talking about the ND legislature though so that is assumed from the start.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.