Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fact: SDSU has pulled ahead of NDSU in Athletic facilities

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Fact: SDSU has pulled ahead of NDSU in Athletic facilities

I Had the opportunity to do a quick tour of SDSU's new football stadium and IPF today. It was a "I know a guy who knows a guy" deal and since I was going through Brookings anyways I decided to take up my buddy's offer. The new Football stadium is legit and once they get around to putting a second deck and suites on the East side, it will be FBS ready. I was asked to not take pictures which is just as well since they wouldn't do it justice. It was the first time in my life that I have found myself envious of anything SDSU. With the Frost renovation and practice facility coming up, SDSU is in good shape. The only D2 facility left on campus is the baseball stadium which is a shithole. (Supposedly it has a nice playing field though.) I will stand by while the Sunshine pumpers respond with how the Bubble and Dome situation is perfect for the next 50 years. That is all....

Default Re: Fact: SDSU has pulled ahead of NDSU in Athletic facilities

It's very awesome.

Too bad those facilities don't fill up these.

Too bad we couldn't bond stadiums like they are able to.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    It's very awesome.

Too bad those facilities don't fill up these.

your missing a couple trophies
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    your missing a couple trophies
    I know. ten

drink a big gulp. Go back and then let me know what you think.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Anyone remember how friggin cold it was tailgating last year against Richmond in the semis? I remember it felt really cold but I don't remember the exact temperature. I guess most game time temps that time of year get pretty cold in this part of the country though.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Anyone remember how friggin cold it was tailgating last year against Richmond in the semis? I remember it felt really cold but I don't remember the exact temperature. I guess most game time temps that time of year get pretty cold in this part of the country though.
    That was brutal. I forgot gloves.
    College of Business Alumnus

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    drink a big gulp. Go back and then let me know what you think.
    ow that you mention it, I don't remember seeing bathrooms on east side.

Their stadium may be awesome but it's not even in the same league as the dome for a home field advantage. It's a nicer version of the SIU stadium which they now have a losing record in. It's awesome but I would choose the dome 100 times out of 100 just based on the atmosphere And home field nobody can replicate.

I'm sure Frost will be awesome. I was great before the renovation. The SHAC will be awesome too.

But as far as the IPF goes it's something we need to keep up with not only SDSU but UND. Maybe not need but want. They use their IPF for track. We have our own track and field facility. They practice indoors. We practice in the dome, the bubble, and outdoors. They have a bunch of new stuff that we also have in the SHAC

We gotta keep improving. All the teams in the conference are. As nice as SDSUs IPF is, it's not even the nicest in the conference. Youngstown has that

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Ok,m everyone just needs to think right...I'm not at all jealous but nobody can say SDSU upgrading isn't a good thing...it's exactly what the mvfc needed. Remember when we joined..now look at this conference the XDSU schools have really made it better..that's awesome, SDSU was a fantastic transition partner period
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant