Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Turf on Fire?! Spoiler: Fire is out

Default Re: The Turf on Fire?!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Holy smokes; had no idea he was a slumlord.

From what I've heard he's a sleazy used car salesman too.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    From what I've heard he's a sleazy used car salesman too.
    When my wife was in college, she was looking for a cheap car to get from her apartment, to school, and to work. She looked at a car from him. He told her she could get an extra discount on the car for a little something in return. This isn't the only story I have heard about this kind of business behavior from him.

I have bit my tongue because I know there is a lot of love for The Turf, but Sabo is about as sleazy as they get. As many friends as he has made in the city of Fargo, I wouldn't be surprised if building inspectors and everyone else along the way stretch his reopening out for a very long time. His 30 day promise to re-open was nothing more than getting it out there in the public every delay in the process won't be his fault. I say every inspection will take place on the last possible day legally possible and will not be simply checking boxes. If he can financially withstand the storm, I think it will be more like a year before he reopens. Otherwise, I don't see the future Turf being under Pete Sabo ownership. I think he folds and sells. The location alone has value.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    When my wife was in college, she was looking for a cheap car to get from her apartment, to school, and to work. She looked at a car from him. He told her she could get an extra discount on the car for a little something in return. This isn't the only story I have heard about this kind of business behavior from him.

I have bit my tongue because I know there is a lot of love for The Turf, but Sabo is about as sleazy as they get. As many friends as he has made in the city of Fargo, I wouldn't be surprised if building inspectors and everyone else along the way stretch his reopening out for a very long time. His 30 day promise to re-open was nothing more than getting it out there in the public every delay in the process won't be his fault. I say every inspection will take place on the last possible day legally possible and will not be simply checking boxes. If he can financially withstand the storm, I think it will be more like a year before he reopens. Otherwise, I don't see the future Turf being under Pete Sabo ownership. I think he folds and sells. The location alone has value.
    I actually assumed he would be hoping the place would be a total loss so he could scrap it and retire. Or rebuild it for value and then move on.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

So did she get the car?

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    So did she get the car?
    C'mon, ask the real question. Did she get the discount?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    So did she get the car?
    My wife likes a good bargain as much as anyone, but she does have her limits. She ended up getting a car from Gateway and still felt screwed.

My wife likes a good bargain as much as anyone, but she does have her limits. She ended up getting a car from Gateway and still felt screwed.
    LOLOLOL That's good!

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I actually assumed he would be hoping the place would be a total loss so he could scrap it and retire. Or rebuild it for value and then move on.
    I think he is going to try for your second option until he starts meeting road blocks and he will meet a lot of road blocks. If he meets enough early, take the insurance, raze the place, and sell what is left for the location and liquor license.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    C'mon, ask the real question. Did she get the discount?
    I figured I could getaway with a bit, but did not want to push it too far...TD knows where I live!

I think he is going to try for your second option until he starts meeting road blocks and he will meet a lot of road blocks. If he meets enough early, take the insurance, raze the place, and sell what is left for the location and liquor license.
    I thought NDSU was trying to buyout that entire block.