Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The Turf on Fire?! Spoiler: Fire is out

Default Re: The Turf on Fire?! Spoiler: Fire is out

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    But will there be Turf Cards?
    I doubt it, I think I ruined that for everyone. Band day '04 or '05 I had enough cards for a keg worth of pitchers by myself that I had been saving since the prior year. Plus a bunch of Theta Chi guys who I told about my plan started saving theirs sometime that winter too, so nobody paid for a thing that day. We were handing out free pitchers to anyone we remotely knew and played flip cup for a few hours on the house. I don't remember them being around long after that.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    I doubt it, I think I ruined that for everyone. Band day '04 or '05 I had enough cards for a keg worth of pitchers by myself that I had been saving since the prior year. Plus a bunch of Theta Chi guys who I told about my plan started saving theirs sometime that winter too, so nobody paid for a thing that day. We were handing out free pitchers to anyone we remotely knew and played flip cup for a few hours on the house. I don't remember them being around long after that.
    We did something similar. I think every hoarded them and then would pay off big bar tabs with them.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    We did something similar. I think every hoarded them and then would pay off big bar tabs with them.
    Same...We did it once a year.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

The owner is talking on 790 radio right now! $1,350,000 was the cost. He said he received $900,000 from the insurance company. The previous staff is all returning except for one person! Some of the table tops will be exactly the same with carvings into the tables, that was done up to 40 years ago.
    (He also said he received a new kidney in January!)

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    The owner is talking on 790 radio right now! $1,350,000 was the cost. He said he received $900,000 from the insurance company. The previous staff is all returning except for one person! Some of the table tops will be exactly the same with carvings into the tables, that was done up to 40 years ago.
    One of the old managers is managing Barcode. I'd assume that is the one not returning.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    One of the old managers is managing Barcode. I'd assume that is the one not returning.

Kelsey...He worked at Brickhouse after when the Turf went up and then now Barcode, as you mentioned.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

$450,000 for a needed update is not a bad deal at all! I am sure it will still be scuzzy enough for TAB.

You have to really take care of the people who know where all the bodies are buried. <-- not really bodies, just people willing to work for him knowing what he is like.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post

I know of at least one waitress that is not returning either.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. – Marcus Aurelius

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.” – Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Winterborn View Post
    I know of at least one waitress that is not returning either.
    Pete said on KFGO this afternoon they have 22 new employees to train. May 8 is the soonest they can get inspection and training.