Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 302

Thread: The Turf on Fire?! Spoiler: Fire is out

  1. #291
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Centennial, CO
    Posts
    6,213

    Default Re: The Turf on Fire?!

    Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Wish Tran could help on Bison stories. He is clearly their best writer a decent writer.
    Because, you know, the way you phrased it didn't make it seem like much of an accomplishment...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

  2. #292
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    15,077

    Default Re: The Turf on Fire?!

    Almost forgot an interesting anecdote from my trip to Fargo a couple weeks ago. My friend and I decided to check out the new Turf so we popped in on Friday night. It was pretty dead in there, nearly empty at 11pm. We sat at a table on the rooftop deck and the server never even acknowledged us. We got up and promptly went to Chubs.

    Not impressed.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  3. #293
    ByeSonBusiness is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Why? Do you have a warrant?
    Posts
    4,853

    Default Re: The Turf on Fire?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Almost forgot an interesting anecdote from my trip to Fargo a couple weeks ago. My friend and I decided to check out the new Turf so we popped in on Friday night. It was pretty dead in there, nearly empty at 11pm. We sat at a table on the rooftop deck and the server never even acknowledged us. We got up and promptly went to Chubs.

    Not impressed.
    When I was in school, the Turf was rarely getting rowdy on a Friday night. More of a weeknight place
    College of Business Alumnus

  4. #294
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    17,834

    Default Re: The Turf on Fire?!

    looking forward to my homecoming turf burger.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

    Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

  5. #295
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    15,077

    Default Re: The Turf on Fire?!

    Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    When I was in school, the Turf was rarely getting rowdy on a Friday night. More of a weeknight place
    Seems like a huge investment not to have it busy every night. Could have just gone back to the one story shack.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  6. #296
    oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    4,299

    Default Re: The Turf on Fire?!

    Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    looking forward to my homecoming turf burger.
    Still just as good as ever. My Friday indulgence.

  7. #297
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    23,642

    Default Re: The Turf on Fire?!

    Ilhan Omar
    @IlhanMN
    Replying to
    @atomly

    The Bison Turf was everyone’s hangout place, even our professors would join us.
    5:27 PM · May 5, 2022·Twitter for iPhone


    ************** this is getting attention... Please don't make this political ( cmon guys, im 180 from her & can still post this )

    plus I want a turf burger now .
    NDSU TO FBS. PLEASE PLEASE! JAIL & EL CHAPO DONT MIX

  8. #298
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    24,226

    Default Re: The Turf on Fire?!

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Ilhan Omar
    @IlhanMN
    Replying to
    @atomly

    The Bison Turf was everyone’s hangout place, even our professors would join us.
    5:27 PM · May 5, 2022·Twitter for iPhone


    ************** this is getting attention... Please don't make this political ( cmon guys, im 180 from her & can still post this )

    plus I want a turf burger now .
    Ha... posted to counter someone questioning her midwest cred.... well played I'd say.

    I enjoy the reply with someone posting a pic of the turf and commenting: "this is the most north dakota bar i have ever seen in my life"

    Someone should post a pic of Spec's Bar.

  9. #299
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    15,077

    Default Re: The Turf on Fire?!

    Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Ha... posted to counter someone questioning her midwest cred.... well played I'd say.

    I enjoy the reply with someone posting a pic of the turf and commenting: "this is the most north dakota bar i have ever seen in my life"

    Someone should post a pic of Spec's Bar.
    The paint job doesn't do justice to its former glory.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  10. #300
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    23,642

    Default Re: The Turf on Fire?!

    my fav reply was "this is what a Carson Wentz bar would look like"
    NDSU TO FBS. PLEASE PLEASE! JAIL & EL CHAPO DONT MIX

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •