Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: The Turf on Fire?! Spoiler: Fire is out

Default Re: The Turf on Fire?!

I have no official connection to the Turf, so it’s not fair for me to be the one to spoil the reveal. This one has been circulated publicly on Facebook by Turf people though, so I don’t think I’m stepping on anyone’s toes. In my opinion, the back part looks even more like the old Turf than the front shown in this pic, except for a small nook the for the stairs up to the new bar.

.8BD97180-D097-4181-80F6-E2D502094705.jpg
    Van Club - Secretary of Agriculture (Barley & hops expert)

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Turf on Fire?!

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardite View Post
    I have no official connection to the Turf, so it’s not fair for me to be the one to spoil the reveal. This one has been circulated publicly on Facebook by Turf people though, so I don’t think I’m stepping on anyone’s toes. In my opinion, the back part looks even more like the old Turf than the front shown in this pic, except for a small nook the for the stairs up to the new bar.

.8BD97180-D097-4181-80F6-E2D502094705.jpg
    Eeek!giphy (2).jpgtenor (2).jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Default Re: The Turf on Fire?! Spoiler: Fire is out

I'm so excited!

Attached Images Attached Images

Facebook page for the Turf says it’s opening tomorrow? Is that a mistake or am I reading it wrong? There’s no major announcement, just says it under the hours of operation...

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Facebook page for the Turf says it’s opening tomorrow? Is that a mistake or am I reading it wrong? There’s no major announcement, just says it under the hours of operation...
    They haven't updated that since the fire.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Ten char

Turf has updated a few times in the last month. Mostly hiring notices. It might be happening.

Never was much of a Turf guy. I'm pulling for you guys.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Turf has updated a few times in the last month. Mostly hiring notices. It might be happening.

Never was much of a Turf guy. I'm pulling for you guys.
    I believe NDSU92 was referring to the hours on the right side of the Turf's facebook page. They have not updated those since the fire happened.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post

Never was much of a Turf guy.
    I'm pulling for you guys.
    Yep. Let's see, a former dump owned by a sleazy slumlord, or a nice place a few blocks away owned by a former Bison player who has become an upstanding member of our community? I know which one I'll support.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Yep. Let's see, a former dump owned by a sleazy slumlord, or a nice place a few blocks away owned by a former Bison player who has become an upstanding member of our community? I know which one I'll support.
    That sleazy slumlord was at another local Bison favorite watering hole just down University Drive a week ago Friday. I was outside with 3 of my buddies, and we watched/heard slumlord guy back his pickup into another pickup, and then try to drive away. One of my buddies stopped him from leaving, and had to convince slumlord guy that he did back into the vehicle, and that he needs to find the owner. Sleazy slumlord tried to pull the "Do you know who I am" card with my buddy, but did eventually agree to park his pickup, and speak with the owner of the other pickup.

That slumlord guy is a fill in the blank...
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.