Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Special Teams Discussion

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2016 Special Teams Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Ian...Gone. Koonce is really solid. Drago loves him, I think he knows punting. I am not worried in the least about punting. Will he be an all American? Who knows. He has punted a lot at a high level, I have expectations that with our coaching he will do a great job. Our punt coverage is lights out. It is part of our defense. Are we really worried about backup punter? Jeez guys. #5straighttitleprobs
    I suppose there could've been a little purple to my post. I hate mentioning specific injuries to any team group, but football is football and they do happen. I'm excited to see Koonce in action, and hoping Pederson continues to gain confidence and leg strength.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Ian...Gone. Koonce is really solid. Drago loves him, I think he knows punting. I am not worried in the least about punting. Will he be an all American? Who knows. He has punted a lot at a high level, I have expectations that with our coaching he will do a great job. Our punt coverage is lights out. It is part of our defense. Are we really worried about backup punter? Jeez guys. #5straighttitleprobs
    Not worried about a backup. Punter is an unknown commodity to start the year. Koonce average 6 yards less than LeCompte and didn't kickoff at SMU. Cam kicked off once. Glad to hear he is solid and Drago loves him, just saying that a little competition in fall camp is not a bad thing.

The roster now lists Cam at 192#, up from 170#. Hopefully that will lead to more leg strength...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    The roster now lists Cam at 192#, up from 170#. Hopefully that will lead to more leg strength...
    22 lbs. Once they stock the refueling station look out Sebastian Janikowski.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 07-28-2016 at 04:47 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I don't think that it's unreasonable to worry some about the kicking game. However, if Dragosavich is on board regarding Koonce......well then, yeah......That eases the anxiety for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    22 lbs. Once they stock the refueling station look out Sebastian Janikowski.
    I think Mr. Janikowski adheres to a different type of refueling station.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    I'm more concerned about the secondary. I keep watching last years games over and over and over again. Grimsley absolutely sucks. I have seldom beheld a more over-hyped player at any level.

Bison need three guys to step up and become solid players right away.

We may have that in Darrin Kelley, Dom Davis, Jaylaan Wimbush,Jaxon Brown,Bachmeier, and several other guys may compete as well, but, for those counting on Grimsley to be a pillar in this defense.......Go watch the film!!

If Robbie legitimately wins the position this fall then more power to him; however, if he is the same guy as last year and is a shoe-in at SS, then I'm calling foul. I saw the kid on film just outright take a dive to avoid contact on more than one occasion. We need an intimidator at SS, not a wussy who is himself intimidated. O.K. so he is 184 pounds.....fine, move him to nickel corner if he can cover better than the next kid, but don't even try to tell me this kid can tackle, because he can't.

I think it is a forgone conclusion our punting will not be elite as in the past but I think we will be solid there and our kicking has to be better. It can't be much worse than last year.
    Where are you coaching at?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison56 View Post
    Where are you coaching at?
    I posted earlier that Cam was up from 170# to 192#; that has been updated.

Now 198. He did grow an inch, though...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Someone mentioned Perkins being back this year to return punts, but who else do you think will be back there to help out? Remember how last year, CJ would be back there on the balls that were most likely going to be a fair catch? It's gotta be someone with good hands and a smart kid too, gotta let those balls behind the 10 go into the endzone.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    Someone mentioned Perkins being back this year to return punts, but who else do you think will be back there to help out? Remember how last year, CJ would be back there on the balls that were most likely going to be a fair catch? It's gotta be someone with good hands and a smart kid too, gotta let those balls behind the 10 go into the endzone.
    I was under the impression that they used CJ when they wanted to keep the defense on the field, though that may correlate strongly with fair catch situations as you're electing not to set up a return.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie