Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Special Teams Discussion

Default Re: 2016 Special Teams Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    He made a few nice shoe string tackles but show me just one rock solid hit. Just one...............

If he is anything, it is a CB who isn't expected to to do much in run defense; definitely NOT, a SS.
    He was a true freshman free safety, who came in and in one fall camp had a better grasp of what the coaches wanted out of a SS than other guys who had been here for multiple years, and was able to play in the most physical conference in FCS. If the potential to light people up and be intimidating was a job requirement for the SS in our system, Chris Board would be entrenched in that spot. But there is a reason he couldn't see the field and got moved to LB.

If Darren Kelley comes in and beats him out, so be it but Grimsley will be fine. A year with Kramer will add 10 pounds and he is a year more experienced.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was pretty hard on Grimsly throughout the season when he'd fly in but then wiff on a tackle but the dude really improved and was clutch by the time it mattered most. He was excellent during the NC game, spying their QB and getting more than one TFL, if i remember correctly.
    Insert something clever here...

It's pretty much impossible to learn safety in our defense in your first year. Robbie had to do it on the fly, with rookie mistakes that usually happen in practice, being magnified in games. He got better every game last year. No reason to think he won't continue to grow and be a leader in 2 years.

I'm more concerned about the secondary. I keep watching last years games over and over and over again. Grimsley absolutely sucks. I have seldom beheld a more over-hyped player at any level.

Bison need three guys to step up and become solid players right away.

We may have that in Darrin Kelley, Dom Davis, Jaylaan Wimbush,Jaxon Brown,Bachmeier, and several other guys may compete as well, but, for those counting on Grimsley to be a pillar in this defense.......Go watch the film!!

If Robbie legitimately wins the position this fall then more power to him; however, if he is the same guy as last year and is a shoe-in at SS, then I'm calling foul. I saw the kid on film just outright take a dive to avoid contact on more than one occasion. We need an intimidator at SS, not a wussy who is himself intimidated. O.K. so he is 184 pounds.....fine, move him to nickel corner if he can cover better than the next kid, but don't even try to tell me this kid can tackle, because he can't.

I think it is a forgone conclusion our punting will not be elite as in the past but I think we will be solid there and our kicking has to be better. It can't be much worse than last year.
    Not sure if serious?

Grimsley was pretty solid in the playoffs. We have been spoiled with what we had before.

He made a few nice shoe string tackles but show me just one rock solid hit. Just one...............

If he is anything, it is a CB who isn't expected to to do much in run defense; definitely NOT, a SS.
    YOU said he avoided contact numerous times.Dove out of the way. Prove it. Show us the film that you keep saying you broke down.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Not sure if serious?
    Remember this is the idiot that said Vraa was going to get drafted.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You dont even have to watch last years video, just listen to the audio and you will hear the ESPN commentators calling Grimsley, Board and co for either a bad tackle, being out of position, getting caught off guard or poor angle of pursuit. Agreed it was his first year. Cannot wait for Chuck South game to see how much , if, our back four have improved.
    Last edited by GOBISON123; 07-23-2016 at 02:28 PM.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Remember this is the idiot that said Vraa was going to get drafted.
    I really don't understand the Vraa hate....Bison all time leading receiver and you disrespect him like this. Who are you sheeple??

I didn't guarantee Vraa getting drafted. I said he would be in somebody's camp. I still think he should be at KC.

I did, adamantly, say he should be drafted. He isn't just a good WR, he is elite at absolutely every aspect of the game. Yah, a 4.4 forty would have been nice, but it isn't like he ran a 4.7. He is a decent enough athlete and super smart with elite character and work ethic.

Everybody in the world knew that it was going to take a small miracle for a six year guy with plates in both collar bones to get a shot.

Vraa was truly an elite player and belongs in the Bison Hall of Fame. Even if Grimsley improves as much or more than what some of the delusional people are posting, he will never hold a candle next to the blazing bonfire that is Zach Vraa.

You do not know shit!

He was a true freshman that made huge strides last year.