Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Special Teams Discussion

Default Re: 2016 Special Teams Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    I really don't understand the Vraa hate....Bison all time leading receiver and you disrespect him like this. Who are you sheeple??

I didn't guarantee Vraa getting drafted. I said he would be in somebody's camp. I still think he should be at KC.

I did, adamantly, say he should be drafted. He isn't just a good WR, he is elite at absolutely every aspect of the game. Yah, a 4.4 forty would have been nice, but it isn't like he ran a 4.7. He is a decent enough athlete and super smart with elite character and work ethic.

Everybody in the world knew that it was going to take a small miracle for a six year guy with plates in both collar bones to get a shot.

Vraa was truly an elite player and belongs in the Bison Hall of Fame. Even if Grimsley improves as much or more than what some of the delusional people are posting, he will never hold a candle next to the blazing bonfire that is Zach Vraa.
    There is no hate for Vraa. Youre just full of shit.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    There is no hate for Vraa. Youre just full of shit.
    I second this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    I really don't understand the Vraa hate....Bison all time leading receiver and you disrespect him like this. Who are you sheeple??

I didn't guarantee Vraa getting drafted. I said he would be in somebody's camp. I still think he should be at KC.

I did, adamantly, say he should be drafted. He isn't just a good WR, he is elite at absolutely every aspect of the game. Yah, a 4.4 forty would have been nice, but it isn't like he ran a 4.7. He is a decent enough athlete and super smart with elite character and work ethic.

Everybody in the world knew that it was going to take a small miracle for a six year guy with plates in both collar bones to get a shot.

Vraa was truly an elite player and belongs in the Bison Hall of Fame. Even if Grimsley improves as much or more than what some of the delusional people are posting, he will never hold a candle next to the blazing bonfire that is Zach Vraa.
    1. There is zero Zach Vraa hate, just a realistic fan base that knew he probably didn't have what it takes to play at the next level. That takes nothing away from him as a great former Bison wide receiver. You want hate? Go back and read your comments about Grimsley, those are disparaging and disrespectful.
    2. Grimsley doesn't need to ever hold a candle to anyone, especially a former wide receiver. He doesn't need to be compared to Heagle, or Dahl, Demp or Dudz. He needs to be Robbie Grimsley, and make his own name for himself. He needs to put the team first, try every day to improve, always try his best on the field, classroom, film room, weight room, etc. If he does that, and contributes to the code green defense this year, then a lot of people on this board will be happy with that.
    3. So, Vraa wasn't just a good WR, he was elite at absolutely every aspect of the game, but he didn't run a 4.4, but he also didn't run a 4.7, but he's a decent enough athlete, and everybody in the world knew that it was going to take a small miracle for a guy with a history of injuries to get a shot, and you think he should be in KC because he's truly an elite player who belongs in an FCS* schools hall of fame? This picture you've painted sounds like a guy the NFL sure missed on, you better get a hold of the Chiefs GM.

*no hate on the FCS #butFCS
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Haven't seen this posted anywhere, but Ian Gallagher is no longer listed on the roster. Any info on if/why he left?

Looks like Koonce will be the only punter on the team. Did Izzo say something about James Fisher being a decent punter? Would be nice to have some sort of competition in fall camp...

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Haven't seen this posted anywhere, but Ian Gallagher is no longer listed on the roster. Any info on if/why he left?

Looks like Koonce will be the only punter on the team. Did Izzo say something about James Fisher being a decent punter? Would be nice to have some sort of competition in fall camp...
    Good Lord. Another special teams concern.
    gobson.com's James Fisher bio notes that he started at Quarterback and linebacker for Bloomington Jefferson and was also an all-conference baseball player there. So, it appears that he's most certainly an athlete. But if he's called upon to punt.............................................. .................who snaps it to him?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Good Lord. Another special teams concern.
    gobson.com's James Fisher bio notes that he started at Quarterback and linebacker for Bloomington Jefferson and was also an all-conference baseball player there. So, it appears that he's most certainly an athlete. But if he's called upon to punt.............................................. .................who snaps it to him?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Something like this....but football.

Looking good Billy Ray!

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thanks for that......can't beat Bugs Bunny. Had to watch the whole thing!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Well, he got in trouble last year, maybe it was a mutual decision?
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm having a hard time keeping up with this kids status. First he gets in trouble and is gone, then he's back, and now he isn't listed on the roster. I'm fine with Koonce being the man. And then maybe we'll find someone else to be a backup punter, like a 6'7" kid that was recruited to be a WR...or a running back turned punter for his senior season, both of those situations turned out ok
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Ian...Gone. Koonce is really solid. Drago loves him, I think he knows punting. I am not worried in the least about punting. Will he be an all American? Who knows. He has punted a lot at a high level, I have expectations that with our coaching he will do a great job. Our punt coverage is lights out. It is part of our defense. Are we really worried about backup punter? Jeez guys. #5straighttitleprobs
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.