Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fresno State Joining the BIG XII???

Default Fresno State Joining the BIG XII???

I saw this on a CA Forum and I listened to the Takedown Radio Broadcast and Coach Steiner stated that they are indeed looking to move into the BIG XII. he interview picks up at about 1 hour 15-16 minutes into the show.

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/take...?autoplay=true

Talk about a coast to coast conference if this would happen. In the interview Coach Steiner said that the BIG XII was looking to add up to two more teams. I have heard rumors that UNI or Mizzou would like to come back the conference. I know of those two teams it's more likely UNI since most of the BIG XII ADs are still not happy about Mizzou departing for the SEC.
    Last edited by Gladiator Dad; 07-07-2016 at 03:16 PM.

Default Re: Fresno State Joining the BIG XII???

Would be great for the conference

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

This will make the B12 better, but I was hoping they would go to the PAC10. I know ASU is improving, but the rest of that conference isn't good.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator Dad View Post
    I saw this on a CA Forum and I listened to the Takedown Radio Broadcast and Coach Steiner stated that they are indeed looking to move into the BIG XII. he interview picks up at about 1 hour 15-16 minutes into the show.

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/take...?autoplay=true

Talk about a coast to coast conference if this would happen. In the interview Coach Steiner said that the BIG XII was looking to add up to two more teams. I have heard rumors that UNI or Mizzou would like to come back the conference. I know of those two teams it's more likely UNI since most of the BIG XII ADs are still not happy about Mizzou departing for the SEC.
    I'm assuming you're talking Nebraska not UNI? Also it seems Nebraska and Missouri are happy where there at, but you might have a better idea living where you do. I have heard Cincinnati and Memphis as two of the more likely Big12 expansion candidates.

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    I'm assuming you're talking Nebraska not UNI? Also it seems Nebraska and Missouri are happy where there at, but you might have a better idea living where you do. I have heard Cincinnati and Memphis as two of the more likely Big12 expansion candidates.
    Talking wrestling conference affiliation, not all sports

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator Dad View Post
    Talk about a coast to coast conference if this would happen.
    It still feels to me like we are in the WWC with the exception of the West Regional , which now has a few more teams. I hope we get more integrated with the Big XII, but I still have my doubts. If the conference expands to be more even widespread, I think it would be hard to change the status quo.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by coldspot View Post
    Talking wrestling conference affiliation, not all sports

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    My bad. I was on my phone, didn't notice what section this was in.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    It still feels to me like we are in the WWC with the exception of the West Regional , which now has a few more teams. I hope we get more integrated with the Big XII, but I still have my doubts. If the conference expands to be more even widespread, I think it would be hard to change the status quo.
    I agree...Also, I hope we aren't just a "filler" until the bigger schools come calling to join the BIG XII...

A-fill-idiot....I will say it again....The WWC got vanboozled by the Big 12 or is it really 4...they needed the extra qualifying spots and stole them from WWC with the promise of more inclusion and dual meet opportunities. It will be a cold day in Fargo when OSU, Okie, and ISU travel to the WWC schools on a regular basis.

Recruiting help by being an A-fill-idiot? Don't see it helping much...even when Iowa bumps two top tier kids from their scholarship offers....the only school that has a shot at them is OSU...not the dsu's of the WWC. You pick the N or S...the top kids are not going there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepsingle View Post
    A-fill-idiot....I will say it again....The WWC got vanboozled by the Big 12 or is it really 4...they needed the extra qualifying spots and stole them from WWC with the promise of more inclusion and dual meet opportunities. It will be a cold day in Fargo when OSU, Okie, and ISU travel to the WWC schools on a regular basis.

Recruiting help by being an A-fill-idiot? Don't see it helping much...even when Iowa bumps two top tier kids from their scholarship offers....the only school that has a shot at them is OSU...not the dsu's of the WWC. You pick the N or S...the top kids are not going there.

Must be rather warm in Brookings.. We had OSU and WV in Brookings last year.