Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Verbal: Holden Hotchkiss

Default Re: 2017 Verbal: Holden Hotchkiss

Kids really good in the short passing game. His passing skills fits our offense like a glove. Good size and has the frame to add weight. Great job by the coaching staff going down south to find talent. Congrats

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

The kid is really excited to be a Bison. Welcome to the herd.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    Maybe he could talk James Robinson into coming with him.
    no doubt thats why his stats are inflated. James is going to Florida or Ohio St. with wentz going #2 youd think NDSU could set its sights higher with someone with netter offers!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Standout at our camp. Really like his size. Quick release and accuracy. Awesome job coaching staff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    You must not have watched much of Peyton then. Compare how both hold the ball while going through their progressions and their motion to set up for a quick release.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qBCp0kIVsU8

Similarities: they're both holding a football.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Similarities: they're both holding a football.
    Being dense isn't a gift.

Hail the BISON!!!

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Being dense isn't a gift.

Hotchkiss slings across the ball. The ball spins decently out of his hand and he finishes with a wrist flick across his body. Manning is straight down the pipe almost all triceps when he throws. That's why Manning is accurate with an often terrible spiral. I would also bet money that they use different grips on the ball based on how they throw.

Several items in this thread: Lets start by not comparing a 17 year old kid who just had a thrill of a lifetime by committing to his college of choice to a hall of famer. Kids don't need added pressure. The kid is a bigtime leader at a huge school. They play a similar offense and he was a standout at camp. Who cares who he looks like or how he throws. He will get additional coaching. NDSU has a QB coach. (not always the case). NDSU has a tradition of player development, he will only get bigger, stronger, faster and develop his craft. He has tremendous size and ability. Also has that leadership characteristic you want in a quarterback. Welcome to NDSU! Glad he and his family enjoyed Fargo. This class is really looking amazing, and it always helps to have a QB on board! Impressed how the other recruits are recruiting others, supporting others...etc. special bunch being assembled. HOpe we finish strong.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

mango is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Several items in this thread: Lets start by not comparing a 17 year old kid who just had a thrill of a lifetime by committing to his college of choice to a hall of famer. Kids don't need added pressure. The kid is a bigtime leader at a huge school. They play a similar offense and he was a standout at camp. Who cares who he looks like or how he throws. He will get additional coaching. NDSU has a QB coach. (not always the case). NDSU has a tradition of player development, he will only get bigger, stronger, faster and develop his craft. He has tremendous size and ability. Also has that leadership characteristic you want in a quarterback. Welcome to NDSU! Glad he and his family enjoyed Fargo. This class is really looking amazing, and it always helps to have a QB on board! Impressed how the other recruits are recruiting others, supporting others...etc. special bunch being assembled. HOpe we finish strong.
    Crootin.

Seriously, looks like a really good get for NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I will have to disagree on this. No pressure is being added by comparing how a developing player's mechanics looks similar to a well-accomplished player, regardless of sport. If anything, the developing player will take it as a compliment. No different than when I wrote that Henry Van Dellen reminded me of Aaron Rodgers.

Just about any developing player with sound mechanics is going to remind people of professional player. Now if I say a recruited QB's throwing skills remind me of Tebow, then there better be some added pressure to the staff member who recruited that kid to do better.
    Hail the BISON!!!