Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Running Back Production

Default Re: Running Back Production

Hoping that morlock isn't used as a tailback and primarily lines up at fullback and all over. They also need to get Bruce and Dunn way more carries. King is a good short yardage and grind back but lacks the explosiveness and home run ability of the other two.

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Hoping that morlock isn't used as a tailback and primarily lines up at fullback and all over. They also need to get Bruce and Dunn way more carries. King is a good short yardage and grind back but lacks the explosiveness and home run ability of the other two.
    At the end of the year King was turning a 2-3 yard run into a 7-8 yard run quite a bit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Hail Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    At the end of the year King was turning a 2-3 yard run into a 7-8 yard run quite a bit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Agreed. He just lacked enough speed to break away or hit the edge.

I can see this team breaking NET 4,250 yards of total rushing this season.
    2015 NET 3551
    2014 NET 3764
    2013 NET 3860
    2012 NET 3052
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I think you are right. King really ran good late in the year. Glad to see that. Bruce will be electric again. Do not sleep on Demaris Purifoy at the spring game it looked like he was a step away from breaking every play to him. NDSU has so much talent at RB it is crazy. Oh by the way we still have Dunn and Morlock. Teams will fear our running game because we have the O-line to open the holes for them.
    Great take... Your spot on... This will really open the play action pass downfield and also Easton ability to run puts lots of pressure on the opposing D.

Keep away will be the name of the game again next year.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

No doubt king breaks tackles and punishes guys but some of his runs would have been touchdowns for Bruce, King gets caught in the open field. There is no catching Bruce or Dunn. They just bring more big play potential and hope they get more work

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Even during John Crockett era King had better stats especially in the Yards per carry category. He had more yards per carry compared to Crockett. My problem with King is he tries to tussle with the opposing team defense instead of escaping, for example right here watch this play

1:57:51
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQdPE8f8BJQ

I feel he slowed down to hustle with Deondre Hall who was a yard or 1/2 yard behind him.
    Last edited by GOBISON123; 07-02-2016 at 05:02 PM.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I can see this team breaking NET 4,250 yards of total rushing this season.
    2015 NET 3551
    2014 NET 3764
    2013 NET 3860
    2012 NET 3052
    This could happen if Stick gets a ton of yards like 800. Otherwise I think teams will stack the run against a young QB. May have to throw even more this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Even during John Crockett era King had better stats especially in the Yards per carry category. He had more yards per carry compared to Crockett. My problem with King is he tries to tussle with the opposing team defense instead of escaping, for example right here watch this play

1:57:51
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQdPE8f8BJQ

I feel he slowed down to hustle with Deondre Hall who was a yard or 1/2 yard behind him.
    Lol you need your vision checked. There is no way Frazier is outrunning Hall on any play!