Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Running Back Production

Default Running Back Production

We have really good RB's. How many carries does each get this year ?

Default Re: Running Back Production

Quote Originally Posted by TwinCityBison View Post
    We have really good RB's. How many carries does each get this year ?
    http://www.gobison.com/sports/2013/6/5/fbstats.aspx
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Should be interesting. King gets the bulk. Bruce probably the #2 guy like the days of Roehl/Paschal, DJ/Ojuri, Ojuri/Crockett, etc

Morlock in a similar role to last year, maybe a bit more lined up in other spots

Curious to see how Dunn progressed. Kids got some big time speed but should improve a ton.

Then you got Purifoy who should get his feet wet but he looks like he needs to add some weight.

In a perfect world we redshirt Cofield but the kids a serious athlete.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I'd think King is probably the expectant starter. He'll get the bulk of the carries unless he gets hurt, or his production is down terribly. Bruce will probably be the switch back - basically the number 2 for when we want to switch up the speed. Morlock is going to be all over the field and as long as he's healthy I expect to see that wheel route we saw early last year show up again, and punish unwary defenses. I *do* hope that he can get some more carries as a power back, but he'll have to stay healthy.

Dunn will get some rotation, and may see some use in the Jet sweep, since they still haven't found 'that guy' for it.

Not sure about the rest of the new crop myself. It'll be fun to find out!

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Should be interesting. King gets the bulk. Bruce probably the #2 guy like the days of Roehl/Paschal, DJ/Ojuri, Ojuri/Crockett, etc

Morlock in a similar role to last year, maybe a bit more lined up in other spots

Curious to see how Dunn progressed. Kids got some big time speed but should improve a ton.

Then you got Purifoy who should get his feet wet but he looks like he needs to add some weight.

In a perfect world we redshirt Cofield but the kids a serious athlete.
    With a good group of RB's it seems silly to pull Cofields redshirt but I'm excited to see him play. His running skills (cutting ability, ability to stutter and freeze defenders, make guys miss, acceleration through the hole etc.) are downright impressive. He already has D1 size and he looks like a legit 4.4 (imo most kids don't look as fast as their listed times, he does) and I'm honestly surprised he didn't get bigger offers. I'm hoping we got a steal there. He hopefully will be the second of two really good players from Blue Springs (our new Nebraska)

I think we will have the greatest success if Bruce gets the majority of carries, with Frazier the physical #2 to punish teams late in games. Just think Bruce is too good a talent to not deserve the bulk of carries, unless due to blocking, pass protection issues, etc. (I haven't studied how he ranks compared to Frazier in these areas). I think Dunn should be a better fit in the change of pace role this year. Morlock should assume the fullback/HB role, but still with a fair number of touches - he has shown some big play ability in his career.

King most carries. Bruce more involved. Dunn #3. Morlock a FB/RB/TE/Slot guy. Think we will utilize RBs similar to last year with a lot of rotation.

Isn't Robbins expected to see quite a few reps at FB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King and Bruce will be #1 and #2 at RB this year IMO. It is great to have a wealth of talent at RB this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    King and Bruce will be #1 and #2 at RB this year IMO. It is great to have a wealth of talent at RB this year.
    I think you are right. King really ran good late in the year. Glad to see that. Bruce will be electric again. Do not sleep on Demaris Purifoy at the spring game it looked like he was a step away from breaking every play to him. NDSU has so much talent at RB it is crazy. Oh by the way we still have Dunn and Morlock. Teams will fear our running game because we have the O-line to open the holes for them.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.