Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Recruits

Default 2017 Recruits

Since Brandon Metz already committed to NDSU for 2017, I figured we might as well get a 2017 recruits thread going. (Also, he'll be on Sports Sunday on WDAY on this weekend to talk about committing. I've never watched it and don't know the time)

Brandon Metz, HWT, West Fargo, ND. 2x State champ, Cadet Greco National Champ., #7 ranked HS HWT by Flo, #4 HWT in his class according to Flo.
    Last edited by Big Bird; 06-29-2016 at 07:38 PM.

Default Re: 2017 Recruits

Others I'd like to see:
    Tucker Sjomeling, Delano MN. Ranked #10 at 132 by Flo. I don't think MN has a need for him and I think he should be the #1 target for NDSU. Could be the answer at 141.
    Samuel Grove, Moorhead MN, Ranked #7 at 220 by Flo. We'll see how Eaton does, but Grove is a talented, highly ranked local kid, at a weight that's been a weak spot for a few years.
    Jesse Shearer, West Fargo ND, Ranked #14 at 182 by Flo. Hhis brother is at Nebraska, but Nebraska picked up Taylor Venz, who is a stud 184 pounder and NDSU lacks a clear long term answer at 184.
    Brandon Moen, Owatonna MN, Ranked #8 at 195.
    Jake Allar, STMA MN, Ranked #3 at 160.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Others I'd like to see:
    Tucker Sjomeling, Delano MN. Ranked #10 at 132 by Flo. I don't think MN has a need for him and I think he should be the #1 target for NDSU. Could be the answer at 141.
    Samuel Grove, Moorhead MN, Ranked #7 at 220 by Flo. We'll see how Eaton does, but Grove is a talented, highly ranked local kid, at a weight that's been a weak spot for a few years.
    Jesse Shearer, West Fargo ND, Ranked #14 at 182 by Flo. Hhis brother is at Nebraska, but Nebraska picked up Taylor Venz, who is a stud 184 pounder and NDSU lacks a clear long term answer at 184.
    Brandon Moen, Owatonna MN, Ranked #8 at 195.
    Jake Allar, STMA MN, Ranked #3 at 160.
    Plus, SG and his brother hit me with sticks at tailgating back in 2004. They may think that I have forgotten, but they would be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Plus, SG and his brother hit me with sticks at tailgating back in 2004. They may think that I have forgotten, but they would be wrong.
    Revenge is a dish best served cold.

I'm actually glad Sjomeling isn't wrestling in Fargo this summer, as it keeps him off of some radars. Ditto for Alec and Kyran Hagan from MO.

A guy I'm going to follow now is Andrew Davison at 195 from Indiana. He's not going to win the FS title but I've been super impressed with him. I don't expect NDSU to even show interest, but I'm now a fan.

Jarret Degan from Montana has impressed me a great deal too. We don't typically pull from Montana, but he'd be a good one to start with.

Brandon Metz on KVRR Sports Extra

http://m.kvrr.com/local-news/sports-...-metz/40846280

Chase Shiltz is a pretty good get for Roger Kish and company out of Iowa. So far, he's a three-time finalist and two-time state champion in Iowa's 2A class.

https://iawrestle.com/2016/08/01/cha...mmits-to-ndsu/

https://iawrestle.com/2016/03/01/ia-...or-rankings-2/

Hail the BISON!!!

Shaping up to be a really highly rated class already. If we could get Sjomeling, the Hagen's, and Grove, it'll be really good (and I think that's pretty realistic)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Shaping up to be a really highly rated class already. If we could get Sjomeling, the Hagen's, and Grove, it'll be really good (and I think that's pretty realistic)
    I sure hope so and that they can develop these high school studs into college studs. Looking forward to seeing this program finish in the Top-15 within the next five years, and maybe Top-10 within the next decade. Baby steps though without anymore hiccups like this season.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Tucker Sjomeling to Nebraska...damn it