Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: 2017 Summit League Recruiting

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,633

    Default 2017 Summit League Recruiting

    TJ Otzelberger busy recruiting in Wisconsin, an area he has been active in previous jobs.
    Sounds like a good get with the 6' 8" Dillon.

    Tosa West's Alou Dillon will play basketball at South Dakota State

    Dillon, who plays with Wisconsin Playground Elite during the off-season, chose SDSU over UW-Milwaukee and UW-Green Bay. He said he also had scholarship offers from Air Force, California-Davis, American, Southern Illinois, Sam Houston State and Southeast Missouri State.

    Dillon averaged 19.5 points, 7.3 rebounds, 1.6 blocks and 1.5 assists per game as a junior last season for the Trojans, who finished 12-11 overall and 7-9 in the Woodland West Division.

    Dillon's size, ball-handling and shooting make him a difficult matchup.

    "He's probably the best low-post player we have for our program and if he keeps developing and getting stronger, he's going to fit in with what T.J. is doing," said Anthony Poole, who coaches Dillon with Playground Elite. "And he's still growing. They said his growth plates are still open. He might grow 2 more inches


    http://m.jsonline.com/sports/preps/t...384771841.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,633

    Default Re: 2017 Summit League Recruiting

    Omaha with an early verbal from a local 5' 10" player

    Papillion-La Vista’s Ayo Akinwole hopes to shine with UNO as other locals have

    Akinwole, who averaged 15.8 points per game as a junior, is looking forward to playing UNO’s up-tempo style of basketball. Moore (Akinwole's coach) said his senior will be a great fit for the Mavs once his prep career is finished.


    http://www.omaha.com/uno/mens-basket...4d469ab33.html

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sioux Falls
    Posts
    334

    Default Re: 2017 Summit League Recruiting

    Couple of updates....

    2017 TNE/Billups Elite and Winnebago HS F David Wingett has been contacted by Oral Roberts. I've posted about this kid before...stud athlete that seems to dunk everything. I know USD is also on him and I thought NDSU was kicking the tires as well - may be some academic issues.

    2017 Teddy Allan (Boys Town, NE) picked up an offer from SDSU. This kid tore up Summer Slam at the Pentagon this past weekend and had a really good open period. I think he dropped 25+ in the championship game at the Pentagon last weekend with about 40 college coaches watching.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sioux Falls
    Posts
    334

    Default Re: 2017 Summit League Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Couple of updates....

    2017 TNE/Billups Elite and Winnebago HS F David Wingett has been contacted by Oral Roberts. I've posted about this kid before...stud athlete that seems to dunk everything. I know USD is also on him and I thought NDSU was kicking the tires as well - may be some academic issues.

    2017 Teddy Allan (Boys Town, NE) picked up an offer from SDSU. This kid tore up Summer Slam at the Pentagon this past weekend and had a really good open period. I think he dropped 25+ in the championship game at the Pentagon last weekend with about 40 college coaches watching.
    Update: Teddy ain't going to SDSU...he blew up the Elite 48 Tournament in Vegas and has the MVC and other high majors all over him. I heard Iowa State offered and Wichita State was going to as well. Bullet dodged.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    265

    Default Re: 2017 Summit League Recruiting

    Last edited by SanDakotaState; 07-27-2016 at 12:03 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,633

    Default Re: 2017 Summit League Recruiting

    Matt Zimmer's blog on the 2 new verbals from Wisconsin, TJ's home state.

    http://www.argusleader.com/story/blo...2017/87616810/

    Ryan Krueger and Alex Arians, swingmen who are AAU teammates for the Wisconsin Swing, both announced their intentions to play ball for TJ Otzelberger at SDSU. Krueger is 6-foot-5 and plays at Hortonville High School. He had offers from UW-Wisconsin, UW-Green Bay and Lafayette – all schools from his home state.
    The 6-4 Arians chose the Jacks over Wright State (yes, the school now coached by Scott Nagy).

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    265

    Default Re: 2017 Summit League Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Matt Zimmer's blog on the 2 new verbals from Wisconsin, TJ's home state.

    http://www.argusleader.com/story/blo...2017/87616810/
    SDSU is over the scholarship limit for the 2017-2018 season (13 is the max, currently have 14+1 walk-on). Look for a player to transfer or a player losing a scholarship.

  8. #8

    Default Re: 2017 Summit League Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    SDSU is over the scholarship limit for the 2017-2018 season (13 is the max, currently have 14+1 walk-on). Look for a player to transfer or a player losing a scholarship.
    "The Minnesota State, Mankato Mavericks would like to welcome..."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,633

    Default Re: 2017 Summit League Recruiting

    And another verbal for SDSU - 6' 8" Matt Dentlinger - Kuemper Iowa

    Dentlinger led the Knights to the state tournament last season, scoring 18.4 points, grabbing 10.7 rebounds and swatting 2.88 blocks per game. He combined strong inside play (57.2 field goal percentage) with a solid outside game (35.1 3-point percentage
    http://www.kmaland.com/sports/kuempe...119b8a424.html

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    265

    Default Re: 2017 Summit League Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    And another verbal for SDSU - 6' 8" Matt Dentlinger - Kuemper Iowa



    http://www.kmaland.com/sports/kuempe...119b8a424.html
    He will red-shirt and walk on his first year on campus, but then will be on scholarship the following season. So SDSU will still be 1 over the scholarship limit for the 2017-2018 season.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •