Thread: 2017 Summit League Recruiting

Hybrid View

Default 2017 Summit League Recruiting

TJ Otzelberger busy recruiting in Wisconsin, an area he has been active in previous jobs.
    Sounds like a good get with the 6' 8" Dillon.

Tosa West's Alou Dillon will play basketball at South Dakota State

Dillon, who plays with Wisconsin Playground Elite during the off-season, chose SDSU over UW-Milwaukee and UW-Green Bay. He said he also had scholarship offers from Air Force, California-Davis, American, Southern Illinois, Sam Houston State and Southeast Missouri State.

Dillon averaged 19.5 points, 7.3 rebounds, 1.6 blocks and 1.5 assists per game as a junior last season for the Trojans, who finished 12-11 overall and 7-9 in the Woodland West Division.

Dillon's size, ball-handling and shooting make him a difficult matchup.

"He's probably the best low-post player we have for our program and if he keeps developing and getting stronger, he's going to fit in with what T.J. is doing," said Anthony Poole, who coaches Dillon with Playground Elite. "And he's still growing. They said his growth plates are still open. He might grow 2 more inches

http://m.jsonline.com/sports/preps/t...384771841.html

Default Re: 2017 Summit League Recruiting

Omaha with an early verbal from a local 5' 10" player

Papillion-La Vista’s Ayo Akinwole hopes to shine with UNO as other locals have

Akinwole, who averaged 15.8 points per game as a junior, is looking forward to playing UNO’s up-tempo style of basketball. Moore (Akinwole's coach) said his senior will be a great fit for the Mavs once his prep career is finished.

http://www.omaha.com/uno/mens-basket...4d469ab33.html

Couple of updates....

2017 TNE/Billups Elite and Winnebago HS F David Wingett has been contacted by Oral Roberts. I've posted about this kid before...stud athlete that seems to dunk everything. I know USD is also on him and I thought NDSU was kicking the tires as well - may be some academic issues.

2017 Teddy Allan (Boys Town, NE) picked up an offer from SDSU. This kid tore up Summer Slam at the Pentagon this past weekend and had a really good open period. I think he dropped 25+ in the championship game at the Pentagon last weekend with about 40 college coaches watching.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Couple of updates....

2017 TNE/Billups Elite and Winnebago HS F David Wingett has been contacted by Oral Roberts. I've posted about this kid before...stud athlete that seems to dunk everything. I know USD is also on him and I thought NDSU was kicking the tires as well - may be some academic issues.

2017 Teddy Allan (Boys Town, NE) picked up an offer from SDSU. This kid tore up Summer Slam at the Pentagon this past weekend and had a really good open period. I think he dropped 25+ in the championship game at the Pentagon last weekend with about 40 college coaches watching.
    Update: Teddy ain't going to SDSU...he blew up the Elite 48 Tournament in Vegas and has the MVC and other high majors all over him. I heard Iowa State offered and Wichita State was going to as well. Bullet dodged.

Last edited by SanDakotaState; 07-27-2016 at 12:03 AM.

Matt Zimmer's blog on the 2 new verbals from Wisconsin, TJ's home state.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/blo...2017/87616810/

Ryan Krueger and Alex Arians, swingmen who are AAU teammates for the Wisconsin Swing, both announced their intentions to play ball for TJ Otzelberger at SDSU. Krueger is 6-foot-5 and plays at Hortonville High School. He had offers from UW-Wisconsin, UW-Green Bay and Lafayette – all schools from his home state.
    The 6-4 Arians chose the Jacks over Wright State (yes, the school now coached by Scott Nagy).