Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bison Verbal Nash Jensen OG Osseo

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 Bison Verbal Nash Jensen OG Osseo

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Benchwarmers #28 (Bison Report #319) features Nash. He talks about recruiting (lots of FBS offers) and about how he almost didn't come back to NDSU after his dad died. And lots of other things. The point driven home to me is that NDSU football is hard, really hard. I have heard a number of stories about NDSU players who thought about giving it up, including some of the best like Nash. I mean, NDSU football is a lot of work, for one thing, but it's even tougher when you have outside stresses like he did.

The other thing that I've found out about NDSU from Benchwarmers is that there is a tremendous focus on being the "right" weight - and that can be extremely problematic.

What an easy guy to root for.
    I've heard "the right weight" before as former FB Lee Vandal is a friend of mine. From my understanding, they want your height and weight to be linked. 6'3" FB can't be heavier than say 247 pounds or some shit. Those aren't exact numbers but its something along those lines. I don't really agree with it.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Signs with the Panthers. Congratulations!
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

WOW!! good for him.. he will be on their roster guaranteed.

#Panthers deal for undrafted offensive lineman Nash Jensen: $175,000 guaranteed, $150,000 of Paragraph 5 base salary is guaranteed, plus, $25,000 signing bonus @KPRC2
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

lots of buzz in Carolina that Nash could possibly start at RG as their starter is injured.. Nash is battling with 1 other guy

ESPN's David Newton projects that Nash makes the final 53 in Carolina: https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/ins...rojection-2023

Would be quite the story for a guy and a family that really deserve some good fortune.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

Would be quite the story for a guy and a family that really deserve some good fortune.
    This times 10

Nash made the final 53! We'll see what happens when Austen Corbett comes off IR but, regardless, what a great accomplishment as an UFA for Nash - I'm sure his dad would be breaming with pride.

Nash Jensen one of three competing for the LG spot after the starter lost for the season due to injury

“We’re going to work a couple of different combinations,” Reich said about the contingency plan at left guard. “We’re going to have, really, three different players we’ve talked a lot about — obviously in the last 48 hours — we’ll have three different players work through there and make a decision by the end of Thursday.” According to the head coach, the Panthers plan to rotate Cade Mays, Nash Jensen and practice squad lineman Justin McCray at left guard in practice this week before deciding on Christensen’s replacement.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sp...#storylink=cpy