Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison vs Buffaloes 2024

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison vs Buffaloes 2024

Here's a more recent post from one of the Allbuffs.com board:

"As far as NDSU, let's not overthink that. Its eight years from now. If we want to, we can probably buy them out pretty easily and replace them with Northern Colorado or a bad Big Sky team."

#respect lol
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Now why do you say that ??? Maybe CK will develop the Steigelmeier Syndrome and decide, "Hmmmm, Fargo is not such a bad place to live, raise, and educate your children......." Oh, Wait !! We can't have coaches who aren't grasping for the piece of the FBS pie. Forgot .
    If you had the chance to prove yourself against the best in your field(and make buckets of money), wouldn't you want to?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Now why do you say that ??? Maybe CK will develop the Steigelmeier Syndrome and decide, "Hmmmm, Fargo is not such a bad place to live, raise, and educate your children......." Oh, Wait !! We can't have coaches who aren't grasping for the piece of the FBS pie. Forgot .
    Because it is likely

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Because it is likely

I don't think CK will leave unless it's the right job at the right time. So when some crap job like, for example, Wyoming opens up next year, I believe he'll pass.

But I do think he will leave at some point.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I don't think CK will leave unless it's the right job at the right time. So when some crap job like, for example, Wyoming opens up next year, I believe he'll pass.

yeah never heard that before

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post

Seriously? Put yourself in those shoes for a minute. In the fickle world of collegiate athletics, you take the opportunity when it is presented. (Unless you're already at the top of your game and can afford to be choosy.)

Let's see... Do I take this crap job that pays me over half a million dollars more each year, with a chance to continue to progress in my field? Or do I hold out until someone is willing to pay me a whole million more than what I'm making now? And if that place happens to be a loser football program like Kansas, then I'll still pass and hope for a million + more at a winning program.

Or did I miss the purple font?

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Seriously? Put yourself in those shoes for a minute. In the fickle world of collegiate athletics, you take the opportunity when it is presented. (Unless you're already at the top of your game and can afford to be choosy.)

Let's see... Do I take this crap job that pays me over half a million dollars more each year, with a chance to continue to progress in my field? Or do I hold out until someone is willing to pay me a whole million more than what I'm making now? And if that place happens to be a loser football program like Kansas, then I'll still pass and hope for a million + more at a winning program.

I won't be surprised to see Coach Kliemen take another job but it's not like there have never been coaches that turned down offers either. Maybe it's a different mentality now but Jerry Moore spent 24 years at App State. To some it's not all about the money or the level or an ego trip.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think the next step is a G5 school with the tools and institutional commitment to have at least modest success. Not a dumpster fire like Wyoming. He's too young to take a high risk money grab like Bohl did. But I do expect him to leave in another year or two unless the team completely falls apart.

I bet he stays until his youngest kid graduates high school. Would take P5 for him to leave before that. CK has commented before about retention on our coaching staff being largely due to family rooted in the Fargo community and I think that applies to himself the most.

You may well be right IF money is the motivating factor. Taking the money at a shitty program just to end up as a footnote doesnt do much for ones career. Or is the chance to move to a viable FBS program which would encompass his personal and professional goals. What will the move do to his family?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."