Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison vs Buffaloes 2024

Default Re: Bison vs Buffaloes 2024

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    2022 Arizona game ….. that’s it, that’s the post.
    Missed tackles and unable to stop scrambling qb. That’s it. That’s the post.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Making a whole vacation out of this with my wife and 3 oldest boys- 7,5, 3. I’m thinking probably 10 days total including drive time from Mankato.

Anyone have any suggestions for stops and sights for young kids??
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Making a whole vacation out of this with my wife and 3 oldest boys- 7,5, 3. I’m thinking probably 10 days total including drive time from Mankato.

I can’t remember exactly where it is but last time I drove to Denver(many years ago) my son and I stopped at a museum that actually goes over interstate. Easy on off and some pretty neat things to see in a short amount of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I can’t remember exactly where it is but last time I drove to Denver(many years ago) my son and I stopped at a museum that actually goes over interstate. Easy on off and some pretty neat things to see in a short amount of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kearney NE

Assuming you came from the east side of ND/MN and went through Omaha

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hairpin turns.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BiZon22 View Post
    Kearney NE

Assuming you came from the east side of ND/MN and went through Omaha
    Believe it's called the Archway Museum.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Well, if you never seen the falls, in Sioux Falls, that is worth a stop!

This winter and spring make kids listen to Little House on Prairie books. Hit Walnut Grove, MN (1/4 day) and De Smet, SD (1/2 day) on way west. Badlands National Park is cool but more of a drive through park with a few short hikes so half day there. Black Hills has lots of family stuff between Rapid City and Mt Rushmore and town of Custer including Bear Country, Reptile Gardens etc. Custer State Park is awesome and the Chuckwagon At Blue Bell Lodge is the best in the area and super unique as will see lots of animals and enjoy some live country music performers. Needles Highway is cool to drive through on way down to chuckwagon and take a few pics. Lots of places to do horse trail rides, hike or UTV in the Black Hills. Wind Cave is cool and accessible to kids (1/2day). Not sure if campers but many campgrounds in the area (Palmer Gulch KOA is great location and has UTV rentals and horse trail rides on site and is right by Mt Rushmore) if want to rent a basic cabin from them or even rent a camper and have it setup before you get there (via some newer service providers). Deadwood not worth it with kids at all.

Or could drive hard to get out to Cody, WH and then hit Yellowstone and spend 4 days there as it takes about 1 day to explore each of the 4 main areas. Exit south to Jackson Hole/Tetons and spend 1 day there but after Yellowstone, JH isn’t as impressive. Hit the game and then do a few of the Black Hills on way home before deciding to drive home.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    This winter and spring make kids listen to Little House on Prairie books. Hit Walnut Grove, MN (1/4 day) and De Smet, SD (1/2 day) on way west. Badlands National Park is cool but more of a drive through park with a few short hikes so half day there. Black Hills has lots of family stuff between Rapid City and Mt Rushmore and town of Custer including Bear Country, Reptile Gardens etc. Custer State Park is awesome and the Chuckwagon At Blue Bell Lodge is the best in the area and super unique as will see lots of animals and enjoy some live country music performers. Needles Highway is cool to drive through on way down to chuckwagon and take a few pics. Lots of places to do horse trail rides, hike or UTV in the Black Hills. Wind Cave is cool and accessible to kids (1/2day). Not sure if campers but many campgrounds in the area (Palmer Gulch KOA is great location and has UTV rentals and horse trail rides on site and is right by Mt Rushmore) if want to rent a basic cabin from them or even rent a camper and have it setup before you get there (via some newer service providers). Deadwood not worth it with kids at all.

Or could drive hard to get out to Cody, WH and then hit Yellowstone and spend 4 days there as it takes about 1 day to explore each of the 4 main areas. Exit south to Jackson Hole/Tetons and spend 1 day there but after Yellowstone, JH isn’t as impressive. Hit the game and then do a few of the Black Hills on way home before deciding to drive home.
    The museum at crazy horse is worth the stop if you go to Rushmore.

Lardsin must go!

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Well, if you never seen the falls, in Sioux Falls, that is worth a stop!
    They are neat if river levels are up. Very uninspiring with average or below water levels.

I would highly recommend visiting the Royal Gorge.
    https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp...hrome&ie=UTF-8