Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Anderson kind of got screwed stats-wise

Default Bruce Anderson kind of got screwed stats-wise

Bruce Anderson returned 16 kicks for an average of 36.6 yards per carry, easily the best in the nation, but when you go to the FCS website, he's not even listed.

http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div

Not enough returns to make the list? Nope. The guy at the top of the list returned 17 kicks. They guy in second return 14.

Gotta have 1.2 returns per game to make the list which seems stupid to me. Why not go with total # of returns instead?

Default Re: Bruce Anderson kind of got screwed stats-wise

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Bruce Anderson returned 16 kicks for an average of 36.6 yards per carry, easily the best in the nation, but when you go to the FCS website, he's not even listed.

Not enough returns to make the list? Nope. The guy at the top of the list returned 17 kicks. They guy in second return 14.

Gotta have 1.2 returns per game to make the list which seems stupid to me. Why not go with total # of returns instead?
    This is ridiculous. What's next, you need so many sacks or so many rushing attempts per game to lead the nation?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I wonder how Bruce will deal with this snubbing???

I am sure Bruce would shrug this off, emphasizing the team concept and team results anyway, but to me this is horrible because who is going to show the NFL this stat? Will NFL teams ever see this? I dont get hung up, on stats myself, but 36.6 yards/carry makes you stand up and take notice? And since they are counting all the playoff games including the championship game, you can easily say this is against very credible opponents?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I wonder if Farley remembers Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuce?

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I wonder if Farley remembers Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuce?
    Bruce will get a chance to jog Farley's memory.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    Bruce will get a chance to jog Farley's memory.
    That he (Farley) swallowed his whistle?
    Hail the BISON!!!

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    I am sure Bruce would shrug this off, emphasizing the team concept and team results anyway, but to me this is horrible because who is going to show the NFL this stat? Will NFL teams ever see this? I dont get hung up, on stats myself, but 36.6 yards/carry makes you stand up and take notice? And since they are counting all the playoff games including the championship game, you can easily say this is against very credible opponents?
    I'd guess he doesn't even know he's not listed as the leader on FCS stats. WRT the bold he still has the stat it's not like an NFL team can't see he averaged 36 yards per return and he's only freshman he'll have time to put more numbers.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!

that is all

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

Agreed, I'm not sure of the reasoning but keeping records based on returns per game seems like complete nonsense. A sample of X number of returns is x number of returns irregardless of how many games it took to get them. Also that criteria penalizes guys that happen to play on teams with good defenses. Should Bruce be eliminated from top returner discussion just because NDSU's opponents had 70td returns to work with vs Bruce's 28....2.5 times more return opportunities than Bruce received!