Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Should UNI be a trophy game?

Default Re: Should UNI be a trophy game?

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I'd say shsu is the second best lost to us twice in the championship game once in the semis? And seem to always be in the mix
    yup, and will be good again this year
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    MV Championship trophy is a our rival trophy! In my opinion UNI is the 2nd best FCS football team over the past 5 years.
    UNI has a 40-20 record and has never made it past the quarters in the playoffs in the last five years. Sure, they play us tough but their overall record is just a better than average! In that same time frame we are what...70-5!

How many trophies can NDSU reasonably host? Budgets only go so far, and people are talking about creating new trophies?

Maybe when President Bresciani approaches the legislature he could request funds for adequate trophy space, but I doubt they will respond with help.

Perhaps if 22% of the trophies where online or something another trophy could work, but a vast majority of NDSU's are hardware and many reside on campus.

That's my $0.05 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    How many trophies can NDSU reasonably host? Budgets only go so far, and people are talking about creating new trophies?

Maybe when President Bresciani approaches the legislature he could request funds for adequate trophy space, but I doubt they will respond with help.

Perhaps if 22% of the trophies where online or something another trophy could work, but a vast majority of NDSU's are hardware and many reside on campus.

That's my $0.05 anyway.
    Unless we're talking about an ornament coated in platinum I don't think cost is a huge issue, particularly if it becomes a student-led pursuit. Have the Blue Key folks host a fundraiser for a few hundred bucks and you're good to go.

Although UNI is broke as shit so they probably wouldn't pony up their half. Just make the trophy the stick that Farley has stuck up his ass and we'll call it good.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    Unless we're talking about an ornament coated in platinum I don't think cost is a huge issue, particularly if it becomes a student-led pursuit. Have the Blue Key folks host a fundraiser for a few hundred bucks and you're good to go.

Although UNI is broke as shit so they probably wouldn't pony up their half. Just make the trophy the stick that Farley has stuck up his ass and we'll call it good.
    Go to bed. You need some sleep.

----> Joke

----> Head

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    There already is a trophy on the line for this game. Usually it's for the MVFC title. Last year in the playoffs, it was for the right to continue on for the national championship. I don't think there needs to be a dedicated trophy for this game, there's usually enough on the line the way it is.
    I agree with this. Why should there be a trophy for this game. Conference Champ and NC trophies are all we need. I am not a fan of the Dakota marker either.

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Isn't a rivalry more fun when the other team wins once in a while? If we make this for a trophy, then UNI won't ever be able to win, right?

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mebisonII View Post
    Isn't a rivalry more fun when the other team wins once in a while? If we make this for a trophy, then UNI won't ever be able to win, right?
    I'd say no, but I get what you're saying. To me, it's fun when the other team is capable of winning, but I want my team to win and beat the rival, always.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Should UNI be a trophy game, since they have become our main rival in FCS?

Any trophy ideas?

How about something like this for the Bakken Pipeline trophy!

http://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-fr...-image19425019

We dare you to try to pump your filthy oil through our state!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post

Nice. This resembles much of what I have seen in tailgates of both fanbases!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016