Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 games for FCS?

Default Re: 12 games for FCS?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I'm dead set against it. If you want more games, make a playoff run. No 12th game gives a little time for the walking wounded to heal up. We already play 15 games a year. And do it every year.
    What walking wounded........just got done watching Iowa State and Kansas State games.......they both had nearly all the injured players in those games. Just don't see it.......maybe happens to weaker teams, but not the Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    What walking wounded........just got done watching Iowa State and Kansas State games.......they both had nearly all the injured players in those games. Just don't see it.......maybe happens to weaker teams, but not the Bison.
    We always have players banged up near the end of the year. Playing that extra game early in the year just means we are more dinged up by the end. I see no reason to play a useless 12th game. I'd rather save it for the playoffs. I'm not worried either. This idea is going nowhere.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    We always have players banged up near the end of the year. Playing that extra game early in the year just means we are more dinged up by the end. I see no reason to play a useless 12th game. I'd rather save it for the playoffs. I'm not worried either. This idea is going nowhere.
    FBS plays 12 games in the regular season. If they make the national championship, they play 15. I think they'd be fine adding another game.
    College of Business Alumnus

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    FBS plays 12 games in the regular season. If they make the national championship, they play 15. I think they'd be fine adding another game.
    16 total games is a lot different than 15, there's a reason its been at 11 games most of the years. Don't like this idea, it is still a college game and kids.

A big reason I am a bit on the fence, is there is a school out there who thinks they are entitled to play NDSU.....may the Almighty strike TAB dead with lightning before NDSU defiles itself by heading to that waste land.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    A big reason I am a bit on the fence, is there is a school out there who thinks they are entitled to play NDSU.....may the Almighty strike TAB dead with lightning before NDSU defiles itself by heading to that waste land.
    To be more specific, watch the "WE CAN/GOTTA PLAY UND EVERY FUCKING YEAR NOW" crowd take this ball and run.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    To be more specific, watch the "WE CAN/GOTTA PLAY UND EVERY FUCKING YEAR NOW" crowd take this ball and run.
    What the fuck is wrong with that?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with that?!
    The Bison play them again in '19; isn't that enough ? I would rather the f'hawks just fade into insignificance.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    The Bison play them again in '19; isn't that enough ? I would rather the f'hawks just fade into insignificance.
    Get ready for next season--I am willing to bet that we see them in the Dome for the playoffs given their toilet paper thin schedule. Maybe pounding them again will cool their jets a bit.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a 9 game conference schedule. Everybody would get an extra home game every other year, schools like NDSU who already have a tough time scheduling OOC games could have the option of scheduling more home and home games knowing they could still have 6 home games with just 1 OOC at home, and there is no season where you don't play someone. This works for the MVFC having 10 schools, but I don't know how it works for everyone else like the big fluffy with 36 schools. If they let them have a conference championship, they could split into two divisions and have their 12 game be 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, and so on. I think Idaho gives them an odd number though.

To have 12 games just to have 12 games is silly. If they are going to do something with it, it should be to either promote more excitement with the level or ease the scheduling burden for some of the top schools. I don't care to see the f'n hawks every year and at some point, we would have to let them have a home game. They don't do enough for me to lock up a game a year regardless if it means easier scheduling. I would love to see home and homes with the top tier FCS schools who have typically dodged NDSU during the regular season for whatever reason. With just the top FCS tier schools coming up this season, it will be one of the more exciting seasons we have had. A nine game conference schedule could lock in seasons like this every year. It takes all the pressure off finding two games at home when you have the flexibility to reciprocate home and home games with a quicker turn around.