Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 games for FCS?

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default 12 games for FCS?

A couple of conferences want a permanent 12 game season. I guess if you have no threat of competing for a natty and potentially playing 16 games it is a good idea. I am not so sure.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.as...43018794210004

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 12 games for FCS?

More games=good. Opens up a lot more possibilities for home and homes since 6 home games becomes easier. Hopefully this is paired with a rule for not more than 1 sub D1 game, maybe not more than 2 FBS.

Opens up another date. Might make scheduling easier. Plus you dont have to play 12 if you dont want to. Plus its more revenue. . I like the option
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm still not sold, mainly because both Bohl and Klieman have discussed multiple times the wear and tear these players have gone through multiple 15 game seasons. From a player health perspective I am lukewarm on the idea.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As long as 12 is not mandatory I like the idea a lot. I am with Taper though, there should be a few stipulations to keep AD's from abusing their football teams to collect checks or loading up on D2 schools.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    I'm still not sold, mainly because both Bohl and Klieman have discussed multiple times the wear and tear these players have gone through multiple 15 game seasons. From a player health perspective I am lukewarm on the idea.
    Good opportunity for a cup cake game to give the backups some real reps maybe

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    How many teams have that problem?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Bring on the competition. Play 2 FBS teams if the chicken shit watered down FCS teams won't play NDSU. Start playing DII and the dynasty ends. Keep on playing FBS because that is where NDSU belongs.

I'm dead set against it. If you want more games, make a playoff run. No 12th game gives a little time for the walking wounded to heal up. We already play 15 games a year. And do it every year.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Bring on the competition. Play 2 FBS teams if the chicken shit watered down FCS teams won't play NDSU. Start playing DII and the dynasty ends. Keep on playing FBS because that is where NDSU belongs.
    Right again as usual me boi