Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Verbal: Lincoln Gibbs

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 Verbal: Lincoln Gibbs

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    What I don't get is how Morlock gets a scholarship offer and this guy doesn't. They seem pretty comparable.
    What am I missing?

Why all the head shaking, why the probing into this kids verbal and thinking it's fishy? The kid wants to be a Bison, plain and simple. He knows he'll walk on and have a great opportunity to earn a scholarship eventually. There might be a lot more going on behind the scenes that some of us don't know about. But why can't we just assume it's just a kid that knows where he wants to play football, wants to work hard, wants to win championships, wants to contribute. The kid probably made up his mind even before the offer, and now he can just enjoy his summer and his senior season.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    What am I missing?

Why all the head shaking, why the probing into this kids verbal and thinking it's fishy? The kid wants to be a Bison, plain and simple. He knows he'll walk on and have a great opportunity to earn a scholarship eventually. There might be a lot more going on behind the scenes that some of us don't know about. But why can't we just assume it's just a kid that knows where he wants to play football, wants to work hard, wants to win championships, wants to contribute. The kid probably made up his mind even before the offer, and now he can just enjoy his summer and his senior season.
    Because this kid wants to play for NDSU and not UND it's gotta be a conspiracy since the worm has turned and bubba's at the wheel...

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Because this kid wants to play for NDSU and not UND it's gotta be a conspiracy since the worm has turned and bubba's at the wheel...
    Dumb asses up there in El Forko Grande don't realize this simple biological fact: Bison parents produce Bison children.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Dumb asses up there in El Forko Grande don't realize this simple biological fact: Bison parents produce Bison children.
    That's good parenting!!

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What am I missing?

Because it's premature and he seems to be selling himself short. I dont care that he chose NDSU, I really don't. It's not the first time a football player chose ndsu over Und and it won't be the last. It just seems very weird that anyone would accept a pwo this early. At least wait until after camp season.

hey bigund STFU and get the hell out of year ya loser!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Because it's premature and he seems to be selling himself short. I dont care that he chose NDSU, I really don't. It's not the first time a football player chose ndsu over Und and it won't be the last. It just seems very weird that anyone would accept a pwo this early. At least wait until after camp season.
    I think you're opinion is wrong, but you can think what you want. Lincoln knows more than anyone what he wants for himself, and if he doesn't think he's selling himself short, then who are we to say he is. And you don't care that a kid chose a rival school over yours? I always care! I never want the team I cheer for to lose anyone in a recruiting battle, especially to a rival.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think you're opinion is wrong, but you can think what you want. Lincoln knows more than anyone what he wants for himself, and if he doesn't think he's selling himself short, then who are we to say he is. And you don't care that a kid chose a rival school over yours? I always care! I never want the team I cheer for to lose anyone in a recruiting battle, especially to a rival.
    I don't care because UND isn't going to be the best fit for everyone. Same for NDSU. It's unrealistic to think otherwise. There are plenty of good players to go around, it's more about getting the right kid in the right situation.

I don't care because UND isn't going to be the best fit for everyone. Same for NDSU. It's unrealistic to think otherwise. There are plenty of good players to go around, it's more about getting the right kid in the right situation.
    I can agree with that.

Somehow I think that if a kid ever takes an early PWO offer from UND, there won't be all the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

BTW, Joe Glenn was right - UND coaches, as part of their recruiting strategy, do indeed badmouth other schools. It's in their UNDNA.

https://twitter.com/jschwenzfeier/st...68484943757312

#professionalism He uses that word but I don't think he knows what it means.