View Poll Results: Biggest ? mark going into 2016 season.

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Finding Joe Haeg's replacement

12 11.21%
  • Finding the next shut down corner

52 48.60%
  • Stick's progression in the passing game

14 13.08%
  • The kicking game

29 27.10%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest ? going into 2016 season.

Default Re: Biggest ? going into 2016 season.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I'd say the whole secondary is the biggest question mark.

Since I'm destined to be completely wrong, what's the opposite of that? Offensive line?

Or, wait to see position Kolpack and Izzo say is the deepest in NDSU's DI history and pick that.
    We'll be alright in the secondary. We'll see some progression like last season. I actually think there will be more takeaways on defense than last season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corner is easily #1
    Kicking game will be fine. Cam will improve. Punting will be worse but still decent.
    Between Stick and LT it's probably a wash. It's tough to pass if you don't have protection. We don't do a lot of deep 5 step drop passes (lots of short stuff) so I'm not quite as concerned about LT since we have a bunch of guys who can run block and Colin Connor is one of them.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    Stick was fine, heck he only missed the title game where I think he comes away with a win.
    Stick scared me quite a bit in the semi-final game. His sideline out pattern throws were weak, poorly timed and lacked velocity. If Richmond had decent CBs there could have been four pick sixes, as it was they got their hands in there to knock all four of them down. If he throws a ball like that in Desmond King's area against Iowa he will take it to the house.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Shutdown LT > Shutdown CB, JMHO.

Hopefully we find both.

the front seven will help the young secondary......enough said!

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Replacing the NFL caliber Punter.

not even close- CB. Remember the Montana game week 1 where CJ missed the game and what happened they passed at will. Our #2 CB needed help all season (nothing against Jordan) but he was average and he was the 2nd best on the team. Because CJ was so good he was picked on. Finding a replacement for both is very scary in my opinion.

Biggest question is how many games will the starters still be playing after the 3rd quarter when we are up by 28 points.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by bisoninloveland View Post
    the front seven will help the young secondary......enough said!
    Exactly. We've had a secondary that was the class of FCS the past few years, but having a dominant D line really helps. Don't need to be an all american corner to cover someone for less than three seconds

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Stick scared me quite a bit in the semi-final game. His sideline out pattern throws were weak, poorly timed and lacked velocity. If Richmond had decent CBs there could have been four pick sixes, as it was they got their hands in there to knock all four of them down. If he throws a ball like that in Desmond King's area against Iowa he will take it to the house.
    I dont think velocity was his problem on out patterns. Kids got an arm. He waited too long to throw them. Just needs some reps to get the timing down. It's a tough throw to make but even Brock Jensen didnt make those thows his first year but he became really really good at them.

I think Stick will make some serious strides this year. Kid went 8-0 as a starter and has gotten a ton of practice time

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com