Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Verbal: Luke Chuol

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 Verbal: Luke Chuol

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    What the **** are you talking about?
    Something about how far up his ass his head is lodged

Seems to shed blocks very well and good run discipline. If they can get him up to the weight they are talking about he seems like a fantastic fit for passing downs DT or a strongside DE. More of an Ambrosius mold then Menard. Or maybe I am an idiot.

Exciting to get two DEs committed already!
    Rixen

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Seems to shed blocks very well and good run discipline. If they can get him up to the weight they are talking about he seems like a fantastic fit for passing downs DT or a strongside DE. More of an Ambrosius mold then Menard. Or maybe I am an idiot.

Exciting to get two DEs committed already!
    I only watched a little bit of the tape, but I noticed him not wrapping up real well, maybe because it was HS competition and he can get away with trying to throw the runner/QB to the ground. Not trying to be critical as he looks like a tremendous athlete and is very quick off the ball. But after a couple of years under Kramer and some added strength, the kid is gonna be a beast and ready for college football.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The thing is schools do the same thing to the recruits. They will tell them --- hey your our number two guy. If number one doesnt sign then your our guy. Kids are waiting for offers and schools wait on commits. Its nothing to get emotional over. Its all part of the business.
    Yeah, I already know all that stuff.......just don't expect a recruit to announce he is still looking at other teams the same day he verbals to a team. For example, if you were looking for a job and got something good that you verbally accepted, yet had something better in the works elsewhere........most people would consider it inappropriate to announce to the world that you a still looking and considering other offers. Just keep it to yourself. Maybe this kid just doesn't know any better.

Welcome Luke!

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Yeah, I already know all that stuff.......just don't expect a recruit to announce he is still looking at other teams the same day he verbals to a team. For example, if you were looking for a job and got something good that you verbally accepted, yet had something better in the works elsewhere........most people would consider it inappropriate to announce to the world that you a still looking and considering other offers. Just keep it to yourself. Maybe this kid just doesn't know any better.
    Chuol said he has received some interest but no scholarship offer from the Gophers after attending their summer camps and going on an unofficial visit. On whether a possible offer from Minnesota could change his mind, Chuol said, “I can’t answer that right now.”
    So he didn't really say he is looking at other offers. He said he can't answer whether an offer from Minnesota would change his mind. That seems like a pretty diplomatic answer.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    So he didn't really say he is looking at other offers. He said he can't answer whether an offer from Minnesota would change his mind. That seems like a pretty diplomatic answer.
    He did say he was still going to visit other schools or attend camps (can't recall which exactly). Just better to say nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    He did say he was still going to visit other schools or attend camps (can't recall which exactly). Just better to say nothing.
    I would assume any coach of a FCS school realizes that if a recruit gets a late offer from a P5 school in his home state, that we may lose him. Happened with the Wisconsin kid last year. Cost of doing business, if you are going after high value kids.

There's two ways of looking at the whole P5 defections issue. You can look at it as saying that we don't want kids who aren't 100% committed to the program. Or you can look at it as saying that we do want the kids who are extra motivated by that chip on their shoulder because they thought the higher profile schools missed on them.

I'm a believer in the latter. Billy Turner, for example, made no secret in his media interviews that he was pissed that Minnesota never offered him back in 2009/2010 because he thought he was better than some of the guys they did offer. You better believe he would've never set foot on NDSU's campus had Minnesota offered him and now he's a future Bison HOFer because they didn't. Thanks Brewster!

I don't know much, but I do know this: We need more players named Luke. Or, as heard it would be yelled at the FargoDome, Luuuuuuuuuuuuke!