Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's going on with basketball?

Default Re: What's going on with basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU vs Arkansas State too open the SHAC NOV 11 7pm. Zzzzzzzzz. Yes this was told by coach richman at teammakers golf outing tonight
    Perfect. Don't come
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

I think the new SHAC will bring in new fans. I will definitely go to some games this year to see it.

Football is #1 at NDSU but MBB can carve out a niche also and have rabid fans just like FB. Although you have to wonder if 5700 seats will be to small in the near future?

Basketball is first for me. I love football, and the program is absolute boss, but we just won our 5th championship in a row beating some team from Jacksonville State who good majority of NDSU fans thought was from Florida. FCS, D1-AA, D2, it's all the same when taking semantics out. And yes, absolutely could NDSU compete and be successful in FBS. It just doesn't yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Perfect. Don't come
    Ive been to more summit tourney games then you! Big Talker.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    I think the new SHAC will bring in new fans. I will definitely go to some games this year to see it.

Football is #1 at NDSU but MBB can carve out a niche also and have rabid fans just like FB. Although you have to wonder if 5700 seats will be to small in the near future?
    Gotta actually sell out 5700 before it's too big. We only averaged 2500 last year. Of course the mediocre attendance can be attributed to an off campus arena and a shitty arena before. Need some better non conference games too. Crookston, Valley City, and Mayville wont excite people. Miss the Kansas State and Southern Miss games. TV coverage will help with midco.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I do think basketball is more of a niche sport at NDSU. It doesn't have any history or tradition or culture. It has had a very very good D1 run, but to folks in the upper midwest that doesn't mean much because they are accostmed to the NCC. Back when it was bringing in 4,000+ for every single game under Inniger the teams weren't even great by any means. I think NDSU already had something like more D1 conference championships than it's entire D2 history. It think it's gaining traction, but it's going to take awhile. I'm sure it won't ever be as big as football but that doesn't mean it can't have it's own awesome culture and atmosphere and maybe some day we can put an end to the constant comparing of the 2 programs which really isn't fair. It would be awesome to be a school that proudly supports both programs independently and doesn't get into comparison arguments. Hopefully the SHAC sppeds up the slow progress of 2 steps forward 1 step back that basketball takes. It is nice to see the young passionate fans that push the team every year and are mainstays at all the home games - that's a great start.

Football has gotten so big at NDSU that it's an event in itself. People get together and party the night before, they tailgate leading up, and some even continue after the game. The atmosphere surrounding the program is just awesome, and I even have relatives that come over from Minneapolis every year just for the tailgating and the experience. The game is just like an added bonus for them and they aren't at all invested in the Bison winning or losing.

Be nice to find positive ways to tie basketball to football and increase fan participation. Even just draw from what has worked for football.

Football at ndsu has become a social event beyond the game. Do other schools tailgate bball?

If there is an aspiration to move up in football, basketball is a key factor for a conference invite.

Xavier is a very cool announcement.

Got the tweet that all Freshman are on campus and roster has been updated. Get to work in the weight room boys and excited for the next BB season in the SHAC.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Very excited to see the new arena and hopefully a pretty consistently full venue.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Got the tweet that all Freshman are on campus and roster has been updated. Get to work in the weight room boys and excited for the next BB season in the SHAC.
    Don't remember reading that Wahpeton's Blaze Irwin had transferred to NDSU. He is listed on the updated roster - 6' 5" RFR - G - He originally signed with Minot State. 1st team all-state

http://staging.inforum.com/sports-hi...-state-3631886

Blaze Irwin's younger sister Tylee is an early 2017 verbal to SDSU.
    His bio.....http://gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7004
    Architecture major

Deng Geu is listed at 6' 8" 210 now, IIRC he was 195 on the last roster.

Seth Coatta checks in at 6' 3" 180 (was sometimes listed at 6' 4")

Tyson Ward at 6' 5" 170

http://gobison.com/mobile/roster.asp...07&path=mbball