Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What's going on with basketball?

Default Re: What's going on with basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    About as soon as BSC kicks them out for everything except football or the MVFC gives them a football invite. Neither option sounds likely. Would say the 1st one is a bit higher but that pretty much mean UN_ would find any means possible to get football back in a conference footprint. Which essentially leaves it at MVFC, just don't see that happening with YSU/ISUs/SIU rest would be iffy in adding them minus NDSU who essentially would have no option other than support to add them in, otherwise they would get raked over the coals, no matter how "logical" the reasoning was if UN_ was "actively" seeking to get into Summit/MVFC.
    Has the BSC ever kicked a member out?
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Lindy's Magazine has you picked 2nd in the Summit. Northern Iowa is picked 3rd in the MVC. Both of us will have to be the last team standing at the conference tournaments to Dance. I noticed you play Xavier, Arkansas, and Missouri State. We could see Xavier twice as they are in the opposite bracket in November at the San Juan Tournament. Panther Freshman, Juwan McCloud, went to the same high school as Evan Wesenberg. Have a good season.
    Last edited by Panther100; 09-19-2016 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    Has the BSC ever kicked a member out?
    Cal State - Northridge, maybe.

I would bet the MVC won't invite UND due to the teams to the East not wanting to travel up to Grand Forks. In response to how to get home games with high majors its tough as Hell. Northern Iowa might only play 28 regular season games. Schedule to date: Exhibition with Bemidji State (I believe Coach Jake was a teammate of their coach), Closed scrimmage with Wisconsin at Dubuque, IA, Arizona State at San Juan, Oklahoma/Tulane at San Juan, I believe Clemson/Xavier at San Juan, at Xavier, at Wyoming, vs. George Mason, vs. South Dakota State, vs. UND, vs.Iowa at Des Moines, at North Carolina, and the 18 game MVC schedule. I'm glad the Panthers don't appear to want a non Division I opponent. They belong in exhibition games, don't draw a crowd, and don't affect the computer numbers. I would rather schedule road games vs power 5 teams or a suitable home and home with the A10, Mountain West, Big East, MAC, or another Division I like NDSU. I also hate taking those pay to play post season tournaments. I want the Dance, Nit, or roll up the basketballs and recruit.
    Last edited by Panther100; 09-19-2016 at 08:15 PM. Reason: add Xavier

Why did Seth Coatta leave the team? Just got the tweet
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    According to a later tweet, it was for "personal reasons".

No disciplinary, legal, or academic issues associated with this decision. Was "personal".

https://twitter.com/RossUglem
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

losing Coatta SUCKS!! Minnetonka kid, great shooter, we need those. argh
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    According to a later tweet, it was for "personal reasons".

No disciplinary, legal, or academic issues associated with this decision. Was "personal".

https://twitter.com/RossUglem
    Yep, I did see that. Hope this turns out ok for him and the team.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Tyson Ward grow a couple inches? 6'6" I thought he was 6'4"? Paul miller 6'6"? khy Kabellis 6'5"? AJ Jacobson 6'6"? Growing team for real?

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    What??? He was supposed to be the second coming...I was really looking forward to seeing him play. Bummer.