Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What's going on with basketball?

Default Re: What's going on with basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    That. Is. Impressive.
    I think the kid is a superior leader, hard nosed defender, TOUGH competitor....all about taking a charge and leading a team. In my opinion, and I doubt he does...but I would love him to redshirt. That way he is a freshman when Khy is a Junior. Khy played 30 minutes a game and is only improving. He is already stronger. Khy was borderline dominant in the summit tourney as a bone skinny true freshman. I hope Khy and Carlin can run point this year. Let this kid redshirt.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    How about those two hires by DR this off season? Impressive. I tried to put together a fun depth chart on paper, it is tough. My main goal would be to decrease the minutes that Khy and AJ had to play last year, make them more effective in lesser minutes. We have a lot of options. Very excited about this upcoming year.

Do some digging on the incoming freshman and include the walk on (Mr. Basketball in Nebraska). I hear he is really tough. This is the most excited I have been about a freshman class in a long time. Tyson's Dad played pro basketball for a ton of years, the PG's Dad played for Kansas with Danny Manning and holds the assist record. Those kids grew up with basketball Dad's. That can't hurt. THey are tough and play defense. You also have to include Deng in this, as he will be a huge part of the team as a freshman this year. We have a ton of depth. New arena can't be ready soon enough.
    Based on what we saw from Dave's rotation last year this is how I see it currently and then if any of the Freshman impress early and earn playing time they could work themselves in, especially at the backup 2 spot if Malik hasn't stepped up his defense in the off season.

PG - Khy/Dupree
    SG - Miller/Clements
    SF - Geu/Wesenberg (in the coaching videos he appeared to be working with this position group and no longer in the post)
    PF - AJ/Dexter
    C - Miller/Eliason

Of course Dex will play as many minutes as Miller and will fill in both the 4 & 5 spots for the most part with Eliason playing spot duty and same at the 3 spot where AJ can drop to there or Dupree or Miller can also fill in depending on the rotation. The primary 7 man rotation will consist of Khy/Dupree/Miller/Geu/AJ/Dex/D Miller and it will likely come down to who impresses in camp to fill those 8th and 9th spot minutes. Based on what I've seen I think the freshman most likely to play this year would be Tyson Ward but that's just me sitting here, we'll see what the coaches come up with.

CAN WE PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEASSSEE stop with the WEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I would assume Dupree would start at off guard. Do we go small and put Dexter at 5? Or keep D Miller there?

D Miller HAS to get better in the paint, else this will be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG G YEAR.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Perhaps this is old news but I see that Arkansas has been added to the non-conference schedule. This has got to be one of our best schedules to date with the following opponents on deck this year:

Arkansas State
    Missouri State
    Xavier
    NC A&T
    UC Davis
    Arkansas

A solid showing through that schedule would set us up nicely for seeding if we come out of the Summit this season.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I would assume Dupree would start at off guard. Do we go small and put Dexter at 5? Or keep D Miller there?
    Entirely possible Dupree starts instead of Geu, I just like Dupree coming off the bench as he's a change of pace from what Khy and Paul bring at the 1 and 2 spots. In regards to Dex, Dylan Miller started the entire second half of the season even though Dex played far more minutes. Again, I think they like having Dex's energy off the bench, don't think they'd change that this season after sticking with it all through the end of last season but we shall see.

Very excited for the upcoming season, the schedule is rounding together nicely and will be great being back on campus. Dave is going to have a ton of options this season. As most know I am huge on Deng, I think he will be a game changer and present many challenges for opposing teams. His ability to defend on and off ball are really going to cause issues and he will continue to grow on the offensive end. Its awesome that he was able to redshirt, he would have made am impact last season no question! I think Khy also takes a huge step forward this season as well. We all saw glimpses last season. The UND game and the Summit League tournament in particular. Hes had a fantastic off season and I think will be a all conference selection come the end of the year. Dexter and Carlin will be solid and provide solid leadership. Cant believe these two are already seniors. Haven't even mentioned Paul or AJ, both will be rocks and score a lot.

It will be interesting which freshman emerge, the staff is super pumped about these young men. Wouldn't surprise me at all if 1 or 2 worked their way into the rotation.

Should be a really fun season!
    Last edited by HoopsBison; 07-24-2016 at 09:48 PM.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm looking for the young Bigs, Spencer and Dylan, to crank it up a notch this year.

Minnesota Morris added to the schedule today. I guess it's better than Valley City again, but I really hate having these types of games in the regular season.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.