Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What's going on with basketball?

Default What's going on with basketball?

There sure isn't much interest/discussion in the program lately. I would think interest would be higher with the SHAC, etc. Anything going on lately with the team? Is the staff full after the departures? Any speculation on a big opening game?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Default Re: What's going on with basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    There sure isn't much interest/discussion in the program lately. I would think interest would be higher with the SHAC, etc. Anything going on lately with the team? Is the staff full after the departures? Any speculation on a big opening game?
    Could it just be the calm before the storm? People are waiting to see just how much they are going to request in fees before buying tickets...Which are has not yet been announced??

Here is my theory. The hardcore fan is very invested in fb. Emotionally, monetarily and time wise there is little left. Traveling to games during the winter is often not practical for most outside of Fargo. Also, we are so spoiled as fans we will need a higher level of success in bb for popularity to boom. I know it's a stretch but we need to win another game or two in the tournament.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Here is my theory. The hardcore fan is very invested in fb. Emotionally, monetarily and time wise there is little left. Traveling to games during the winter is often not practical for most outside of Fargo. Also, we are so spoiled as fans we will need a higher level of success in bb for popularity to boom. I know it's a stretch but we need to win another game or two in the tournament.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Wrong NDSU basketball has already done more than NDSU football. Big dance trumps fcs titles and beating Oklahoma in big dance 3 years ago was the biggest accomplishment in school history
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I know Tim Miles and Saul Phillips are coming back for a camp when the Shac officially opens. McDermott may also be making an appearance.

Staff is full...Kyan Brown and Will Veasley replace Henderson and Coleman. A lot to be excited about with both of these guys. Just a slower time right now for hoops. Id imagine schedule stuff will start surfacing soon and once season tickets are mailed out, fan interest will pickup.

We return a very strong quad that will likely be favorites to win the league.

It's June. Heck there isn't much of a buzz for any sports in June

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Great staff. Very well bought in to the culture that NDSU has, and what they bring from ORU and Butler. Very impressive.

New arena sounds really good. SOunds like the seating and scoreboard really came together. Which was critical to my personal happiness. Yep.

Sounds like vets have returned already and working with S&C, incoming freshman coming very shortly.

An exciting group of freshman will be on this team. Pushing for playing time. Deng could be very special.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

When should we expect to see a schedule released?

Quote Originally Posted by grizlandbisonfan View Post
    When should we expect to see a schedule released?
    Good Question....
    Also cannot wait until we get the word to pick out our new seats in the SHAC. That place is going to look great.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Deng will be very special.
    FIFY...10char