Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: What's going on with basketball?

Default Re: What's going on with basketball?

I was in the SHAC the other day on business and Geu was shooting around by himself in the practice arena. Physically, he looked great. I made a comment that he looks like he really bulked up, and I was then told that he gained 30 pounds over the summer and that the basketball staff are really excited about him this year.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Who are you putting Geu in for? I don't really see him as a 1-3 type player.
    It wouldn't surprise me to see him start instead of Dex. As was the case all year last year it seems like the staff really likes have Dex as the 6th man and the first one off the bench. I honestly think it's because they like his offense out there while they sub out some of the other scorers for rest. That being said that could also be Geu's role this year so since we no longer get to have a Midnight Madness to get a preview of the team we won't know until the first exhibition game which thankfully is only a couple weeks away. Regardless of which one of them starts the first couple of games I don't think it really matters once AJ's back, they likely will both be coming off the bench. Having Dex and Geu on the floor at the same time should be exciting, swat city! What I'm most interested in is with Malik out who will be the first guard off the bench?

I can see Geu starting for Dex and having Dex come off bench for a spark.

However, seniors usually get rewarded. ill stick with my lineup

Khy Kybillis
    Carlin Dupree
    Paul Miller
    Dexter Warner
    Dylan Miller

AJ in for Dupree when he gets back.

I think PAUL MILLER needs to be the Focus, lets get this kid 20-30 points per game!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I am probably wrong but I was assuming more that Dex was coming off the bench to save possible foul trouble as him and Kading were the real only inside players to play impactful minutes. Seemed to me Miller would start and eat up a few minutes until the game went into flow and then they would roll with Dex and Kading the remainder of the game.

I think inside player development is a big question. Geu from rumors sounds like could be an exceptional player. We have Dex, we're hoping Dylan Miller is developing, but what about ELiason and Wesenberg. This is their 3rd year in the program and there's question marks on them all over the place. If the rumors are true that the staff went hard after that juco F, it makes me wonder if those 2 are even looking at future playing time.

I could definitely see Geu start though. I do think Clements is interchangeable with whomever, and after Kabellis, Dupree, PMiller, AJ (when he comes back), there is a real good opportunity for one of the freshmen in HUnter and Ward to get an opportunity, which could be very good for us by the end of the year and also moving forward.

I am probably wrong but I was assuming more that Dex was coming off the bench to save possible foul trouble as him and Kading were the real only inside players to play impactful minutes. Seemed to me Miller would start and eat up a few minutes until the game went into flow and then they would roll with Dex and Kading the remainder of the game.

I think inside player development is a big question. Geu from rumors sounds like could be an exceptional player. We have Dex, we're hoping Dylan Miller is developing, but what about ELiason and Wesenberg. This is their 3rd year in the program and there's question marks on them all over the place. If the rumors are true that the staff went hard after that juco F, it makes me wonder if those 2 are even looking at future playing time.

I could definitely see Geu start though. I do think Clements is interchangeable with whomever, and after Kabellis, Dupree, PMiller, AJ (when he comes back), there is a real good opportunity for one of the freshmen in HUnter and Ward to get an opportunity, which could be very good for us by the end of the year and also moving forward.
    Clements is done for the year with a knee (unless the confirmed rumors weren't accurate ).

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Clements is done for the year with a knee (unless the confirmed rumors weren't accurate ).
    Yea I do think one of the freshman can fill into that role nicely and by the end of the year we could have some different type of dynamic lineups than last year.

Yea I do think one of the freshman can fill into that role nicely and by the end of the year we could have some different type of dynamic lineups than last year.
    Oh, I see. I misunderstood your post as meaning Clements was interchangeable with any of those 3 starting guards. I get it... interchangeable whoever the incoming guard is that'll take those minutes.

Here's an interview with Paul Miller on Bison 1660 AM (or 92.7 fm)
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...er-oct-21-2016

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

as long as football is stuck in its current division. NDSU BASKETBALL is my only hope basically. Arkansas & Xavier will be fun games, Navy too.. Fun to play big time teams..

With this non conference schedule, ONLY should have 2-3 losses going into Conference play and sets up for a fun season. The players should get a little more offensive orientated with Kory Brown & Chris Kading gone (i loved their defense though!)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?