Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Twins game

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Twins game

Well....section 129 (left field bleacher) for me plus 1 more. That's some Bison gear anyway.

I had a discussion about this event with some UND people the other night. I said is was funny how finally after we have won 5 titles in a row we get this recognition. But UND got it after winning their first in what 15 years. Their first comment was well their title is a D1 title not the second tier. I then had to explain to them that they play in the same level we do for football and also that Dave St. Peter is an UND grad and president of the Twins. Since he had to toot his horn about his school he better do it for NDSU AFTER 5 TITLES. The und fan base truly amazes me their overall lack of knowledge when they try and talk smack and smack themselves at the same time. But according to SiouxVolley they will be moving to FBS level football soon and NDSU will not matter anymore.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I say let them think that way. Keeping them ignorant about their own situation is a good thing. Just keep telling them how great and important hockey is.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    So then it still isn't Coach K's team then...they still have players gotten during Bohl's time.
    Majority is now Coach K. Even Stick was a Coach K hold, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Majority is now Coach K. Even Stick was a Coach K hold, etc.
    Majority makes the standard? Majority of team or just starters? Bustin' balls, bustin' balls.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I had a discussion about this event with some UND people the other night. I said is was funny how finally after we have won 5 titles in a row we get this recognition. But UND got it after winning their first in what 15 years. Their first comment was well their title is a D1 title not the second tier. I then had to explain to them that they play in the same level we do for football and also that Dave St. Peter is an UND grad and president of the Twins. Since he had to toot his horn about his school he better do it for NDSU AFTER 5 TITLES. The und fan base truly amazes me their overall lack of knowledge when they try and talk smack and smack themselves at the same time. But according to SiouxVolley they will be moving to FBS level football soon and NDSU will not matter anymore.
    Just remind them about the mighty DII and DIII schools that outnumber the DI schools in DI hockey.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Just remind them about the mighty DII and DIII schools that outnumber the DI schools in DI hockey.
    Highest level.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Majority makes the standard? Majority of team or just starters? Bustin' balls, bustin' balls.
    Yeah, I think it does (and know you are bustin' balls). The three year mark is always a critical mark for a college coach. Why? Very hard to make any sensible argument about who's team it is at that point. Your point was very logical that it was his team much sooner, however, there still was the very logical recruiting argument against it. (Example; Very unlikely NDSU wins title for 2014 without Carson, and may not have won this year, either.) Now, I really think that argument starts to go away. Same for Coach Bohl in Wyoming, which is why it is so critical for them to show improvement this year. (I do tend to think his leaving may go down as one of the worst coaching moves ever for someone leaving NDSU as I just know if any coach can fix that mess.....)

Should also ad, this will also be the year that makes me the most nervous. I've heard nothing but good things about Coach K from folks who know him well, and he has been very nice to me in the 2 times I've chatted with him. But, winning, preferably over a long period of time, is the only objective way to know just how good a coach is. This is the season where I'll feel like I know for sure if we have a coach who will be as successful as Coach Bohl. I sure think so, but you just don't know.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yeah, I think it does (and know you are bustin' balls). The three year mark is always a critical mark for a college coach. Why? Very hard to make any sensible argument about who's team it is at that point. Your point was very logical that it was his team much sooner, however, there still was the very logical recruiting argument against it. (Example; Very unlikely NDSU wins title for 2014 without Carson, and may not have won this year, either.) Now, I really think that argument starts to go away. Same for Coach Bohl in Wyoming, which is why it is so critical for them to show improvement this year. (I do tend to think his leaving may go down as one of the worst coaching moves ever for someone leaving NDSU as I just know if any coach can fix that mess.....)

Should also ad, this will also be the year that makes me the most nervous. I've heard nothing but good things about Coach K from folks who know him well, and he has been very nice to me in the 2 times I've chatted with him. But, winning, preferably over a long period of time, is the only objective way to know just how good a coach is. This is the season where I'll feel like I know for sure if we have a coach who will be as successful as Coach Bohl. I sure think so, but you just don't know.
    I hear what you're saying. I'd like to think the staff he has assembled will help him be a successful head coach. Sure, the head coach is the guy under the microscope, but we have a real solid group of coaches that are bought into the Bison way, and know the level of excellence that is expected of them as a whole. Also, this run we're on seems contagious. The players and the next man up do not want to let the banner slip or fall. We hear it all the time, Bison football is something special because they play as a team and for tradition, not as a bunch of individuals. I sat behind a bunch of recruits at the spring game and heard one of them mention they are already a tight knit bunch and communicate often. That only helps further down the road when the guy you're trying to beat out for a spot is your friend, not just a teammate.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    Dave St. Peter is promoting the shit out of this event

Dave LIL Peter is a joke.. where was this celebration for the last 4 NDSU titles?? Oh yea, that's right, he had to wait until und won a title over Bemidji st, Mankato, st cloud, union, Quinnipiac..... this is SOO transparent and I wish NDSU would've told him to pound sand.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?