Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Twins game

Default Re: Twins game

Some of you guys talk about someone named Izzy on here. If you look at this photo --- https://twitter.com/CoachTimNDSU/sta...27888768057344 --- you see a sign that says, "Izzy's Ice Cream." Is this Izzy own an ice cream store or something?

Quote Originally Posted by PlainsBison View Post
    Some of you guys talk about someone named Izzy on here. If you look at this photo --- https://twitter.com/CoachTimNDSU/sta...27888768057344 --- you see a sign that says, "Izzy's Ice Cream." Is this Izzy own an ice cream store or something?
    Well.......same general category.
    I'm in the whipped cream business.......but it's a research and development gig.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I guess because the phrase "never make the first out at third base" and a picture of the opposing manager on the phone with his video guy are not compatible.
    I've never, ever seen a runner when a hit happens on a hit and run not try to take third base. Not nearly as much of a decision as running to 3rd, usually is. This was non-rippable and he made it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I've never, ever seen a runner when a hit happens on a hit and run not try to take third base. Not nearly as much of a decision as running to 3rd, usually is. This was non-rippable and he made it anyway.
    Well, I'm ripping it. Suzuki does not have descent speed (by your own reasoning a prerequisite for the hit and run excuse to apply); he's not a good base runner generally and you can't make the first out at 3rd which he nearly did there. Just because it happened to work out that one time doesn't make it a good decision.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Well, I'm ripping it. Suzuki does not have descent speed (by your own reasoning a prerequisite for the hit and run excuse to apply); he's not a good base runner generally and you can't make the first out at 3rd which he nearly did there. Just because it happened to work out that one time doesn't make it a good decision.
    Please tell me how many times you've seen a runner not take 3rd base on a hit and run when a single is hit, and I'll agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Please tell me how many times you've seen a runner not take 3rd base on a hit and run when a single is hit, and I'll agree with you.
    My question would be where was it hit and how hard? (I dont know what play you are talking about)...if its hit to RF, then I agree. If its hit to short left field, the runner should be able to see in front of them and can put on the brakes if need be.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    My question would be where was it hit and how hard? (I dont know what play you are talking about)...if its hit to RF, then I agree. If its hit to short left field, the runner should be able to see in front of them and can put on the brakes if need be.
    It was left field and not hit very hard. For me, when you are running on a hit and run, when you hear the ball get hit, your job is to keep the jets going.

I will maintain, I can't recall a single time I've seen a hit and run runner ever stop at second when a ball is hit that drops.