Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel tips to Fargo

Default Re: Travel tips to Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    the Radisson downtown is where we stay. There are hotels across from the Fargodome and the airport is right there also.
    But book now. And I do mean now. It is homecoming and the parade is downtown friday night.
    I will assume you will get visitor tickets through your school- if not start searching soon.
    Walk the whole tailgate lot and dont be shy about visiting!
    Do people actually go to that?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Don't forget your vaccination for the Bison flu!

Seriously, one of my disappointments as a football fan (obviously, I have many) in to having been to Fargo for a tailgate and game.
    is this a dig on us or a typo?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    is this a dig on us or a typo?
    I think he's just saying the odds of consuming an excessive amount of alcohol are high. Whether that's an insult or a compliment, I think, depends entirely on how the person doing the drinking feels about the company they are keeping.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Do people actually go to that?
    yes it is packed along the route.
    I go for the candy... ask Rock
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MPE773 View Post
    Thanks everyone! I heard from many Redbird fans a couple of years ago in Frisco that Bison fans were great. Looking forward to roaming the lot for sure. Sounds like downtown is the place to be to enjoy the whole weekend. I'm planning on flying in from Chicago Friday morning and staying thru Sunday. I love craft beer and great food so any recommendations on that front would be welcome too. Hotel Donaldson looks nice and seems reasonable for a boutique hotel @ $195 /night. Might just book that.

Thanks again for all the hospitality!
    Best brewery in town, hands down, is Junkyard in Moorhead. As mentioned Drekker is downtown. Also Fargo Brewing is just north of downtown. No trip to Fargo is complete without some Woodchipper IPA, which can be found at the brewery or most area liquor stores. Not the greatest IPA but pretty good and the cans make good souvenirs.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    if you like craft beer, Drekkar brewing is downtown, Wurst Bier Hall, I highly recommend an app and drinks at the local Distillery called Proof Artisian.

Hodo is great, Good bar and a triple A Diamond (4 diamond I believe) rated restaurant. walking distance to anything or rent a bike
    To add a couple more on the brewing side. We have Fargo Brewing and Junkyard Brewing as well. Both are going to be outside of the walk-able range, but would be fairly quick uber rides.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Best beer in town, hands down, is at Junkyard in Moorhead. As mentioned Drekker is downtown. Also Fargo Brewing is just north of downtown. No trip to Fargo is complete without some Woodchipper IPA, which can be found at the brewery or most area liquor stores.
    Seconded on the Junkyard endorsement. It's the farthest of the three from downtown, but still only 1.5 miles or so from the Radisson. They have a lot of unique beers there, including sours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

The reason everybody is mentioning Uber is that unless something has changed, you can't hail a cab anywhere in town.

If you want a cab, you have to call the cab company and they'll dispatch a driver. And they will charge you an obscene amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    To add a couple more on the brewing side. We have Fargo Brewing and Junkyard Brewing as well. Both are going to be outside of the walk-able range, but would be fairly quick uber rides.
    Walkable depends on perspective. Typically when I travel, two miles is about my limit for walkable. Fargo Brewing is about a mile, Junkyard about 1.5 from the Radisson or HoDo.

There also the Great Rides bike share, with stations right by the Radisson and a block or two from the HoDo to get around the outskirts of downtown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    The reason everybody is mentioning Uber is that unless something has changed, you can't hail a cab anywhere in town.

If you want a cab, you have to call the cab company and they'll dispatch a driver. And they will charge you an obscene amount of money.
    Doyles has an app that functions just like Uber, difference is price, ablvailability and you need to pay cash or credit card and sign the slip etc..

Not sure about the other cab companies as I only use Uber now

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant