Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel tips to Fargo

Default Travel tips to Fargo

Hello Bison nation. Redbird fan here planning my first trip to Fargo for the ISU/NDSU game on October 1st. Looking for any advise on hotel, areas to stay and any other helpful travel tips (like where the good bars are!). I'm really looking forward to my first Fargodome experience. Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Travel tips to Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by MPE773 View Post
    Hello Bison nation. Redbird fan here planning my first trip to Fargo for the ISU/NDSU game on October 1st. Looking for any advise on hotel, areas to stay and any other helpful travel tips (like where the good bars are!). I'm really looking forward to my first Fargodome experience. Thanks in advance!
    Stay downtown. Bars are downtown. Go tailgating. Eat food and drink alcohol. Watch the game. Enjoy your time in our fine state.
    College of Business Alumnus

Thanks ByeSon. Any hotel recommendations downtown? Also, is there Uber in Fargo to get around?

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The opposing fan that shows up on Bisonville during the offseason....go easy on him.

Welcome to the board! Always nice to hear from fans of other schools. I've got this one circled on my calendar as a "whale of a game".
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by MPE773 View Post
    Thanks ByeSon. Any hotel recommendations downtown? Also, is there Uber in Fargo to get around?
    Yes there is Uber. For hotels downtown you really only have the Radisson or the Hotel Donaldson. They just tore down the Howard Johnson.

I would say stay at a more reasonable hotel and uber in and out but yes, downtown is pretty much the place to be.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Yes there is Uber. For hotels downtown you really only have the Radisson or the Hotel Donaldson. They just tore down the Howard Johnson.

I would say stay at a more reasonable hotel and uber in and out but yes, downtown is pretty much the place to be.
    Yeah I'm on Team B4L, stay somewhere cheaper unless money is not really a part of the equation.
    College of Business Alumnus

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Element hotel is really nice and not particularly expensive. It is my first choice when staying in Fargo.

Because the Radisson is so expensive? Lol wtf, it's Fargo, ND. Without a doubt, if you want to hang out downtown, stay down there. Best concentration of unique restaurants and the best college town type nightlife. If you like chains and strip malls, stay where everyone else is recommending...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

You can always stay in a van down by the river since that would be the cheapest place to stay. Fargo is a good town and has plenty to offer you during your stay. Just depends what you like. But on game day be sure and make the tailgate lots and you will be welcomed with open arms by all. This game is going to be great and glad you are coming to it. Go Bison
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Fargo's not all that big - no matter where you stay, it's a 10-minute Uber ride to get somewhere else.

I met some Redbird fans in Frisco - great folks! I hope you have safe travels and a great weekend!