Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

Default Re: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    How many people actually go to their games? I've been to half of one and that was because our coach made us.
    Not really sure what attendance numbers are. If the game is not in conflict with a bison game I am there. Although not sure I will be in Valley Thursday.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Not really sure what attendance numbers are. If the game is not in conflict with a bison game I am there. Although not sure I will be in Valley Thursday.
    Hey....... this game is a big deal in Valley City (Barnes County) and Jamestown (Stutsman County). Doesn't mean much in the great scheme of things, but ...... so what ? It's something to watch on a Thursday night besides " Dance with the Stars".

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Hey....... this game is a big deal in Valley City (Barnes County) and Jamestown (Stutsman County). Doesn't mean much in the great scheme of things, but ...... so what ? It's something to watch on a Thursday night besides " Dance with the Stars".
    It's seemed like a much bigger deal for VCSU students than for us at JC. I'm sure it varies depending on generation....

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not related to switching conferences, but U of Jamestown open the football season up with a game in Valley City Thursday night. Paint Bucket Game.
    will this be the last paint bucket game for awhile?

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    will this be the last paint bucket game for awhile?
    Even if Jamestown switches conference, both school still need ooc games, should still continue.
    Yes NDSU / und game is way different. F'them.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Even if Jamestown switches conference, both school still need ooc games, should still continue.
    Yes NDSU / und game is way different. F'them.
    The Great Plains Athletic Conference has nine member schools........one in Mitchell, SD(Dakota Wesleyan); one in St. Paul (Concordia) and the rest in Nebraska and Iowa. Why would they want to add an outlier member to add to their travel costs? The Iowa schools look to the central and east parts of the state for ooc games; Nebraska schools look south and into Kansas for theirs. It just doesn't make sense.

Edit: Oops , the Concordia school is not in St. Paul, but in Seward, Nebraska; my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    How many people actually go to their games? I've been to half of one and that was because our coach made us.
    This is the big rivalry game. Crowds are always good when VC and UJ get together be it in football or basketball. Going to go to game myself if it works out. Go Jimmies!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    The Great Plains Athletic Conference has nine member schools........one in Mitchell, SD(Dakota Wesleyan); one in St. Paul (Concordia) and the rest in Nebraska and Iowa. Why would they want to add an outlier member to add to their travel costs? The Iowa schools look to the central and east parts of the state for ooc games; Nebraska schools look south and into Kansas for theirs. It just doesn't make sense.

Edit: Oops , the Concordia school is not in St. Paul, but in Seward, Nebraska; my bad.
    That the main question - what do the Nebraska teams think, and do they really want that travel? That is where they might not get approved when the vote comes up.

I've heard second and third hand that Jamestown coaches are not really in favor of this move either, but it is being driven by the people at the top.

As a Dickinson State alumnus, I find it disappointing. The North Dakota schools are good enough for almost 100 years, now this private school conference with a lot of travel looks better? I don't get it. Of course, I didn't get schools like South Dakota Tech (Mines), Black Hills State, and Minot St thinking they belong in D2 either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestDak View Post
    That the main question - what do the Nebraska teams think, and do they really want that travel? That is where they might not get approved when the vote comes up.

I've heard second and third hand that Jamestown coaches are not really in favor of this move either, but it is being driven by the people at the top.

As a Dickinson State alumnus, I find it disappointing. The North Dakota schools are good enough for almost 100 years, now this private school conference with a lot of travel looks better? I don't get it. Of course, I didn't get schools like South Dakota Tech (Mines), Black Hills State, and Minot St thinking they belong in D2 either.
    Believe me there isn't anyone happy about this. Everyone but those at the top hope it doesn't go through.

I miss the old DAC-10 conference.