Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

Default Re: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

UJ women’s hockey team will step up a division Friday as they will play the Cobbers in Moorhead Friday night at 7. It’s coach Schaack’s alma mater. Jimmie’s just swept Colorado at home this past weekend 6-1 and 4-2

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    UJ women’s hockey team will step up a division Friday as they will play the Cobbers in Moorhead Friday night at 7. It’s coach Schaack’s alma mater. Jimmie’s just swept Colorado at home this past weekend 6-1 and 4-2
    Is this common to play teams in other divisions? Good luck ladies.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Is this common to play teams in other divisions? Good luck ladies.
    Very common especially early in a season

Jimmie women lose a tough one to Concordia 2-1 in overtime. Cobbers came out strong in the first leading 1-0 but then it was the Jimmie’s with the better play tying it up with 5 to go. Jimmie’s took a penalty in ot and that’s when the Cobbers won it. Fun game to be at

MOORHEAD — The Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference will visit the University of Jamestown this week, with the school hoping to impress enough to get an invitation.

If all goes well, the North Dakota school could know by Thanksgiving whether it'll be on its way to NCAA Division II.

It's a big week.

"It's going to be everything you think it could be," Jamestown athletic director Austin Hieb said Tuesday. "They'll meet with coaches, administrators, student-athletes, weight-training staff. They'll look at the campus and facilities, of course. They'll be checking out everything."

An NSIC contingent including presidents, chancellors, athletic directors, conference staff, senior women's administrators and faculty athletics representatives will be on-site Wednesday and Thursday.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/mcfee...ibextid=Zxz2cZ

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

MOORHEAD — The Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference will visit the University of Jamestown this week, with the school hoping to impress enough to get an invitation.

If all goes well, the North Dakota school could know by Thanksgiving whether it'll be on its way to NCAA Division II.

It's a big week.

"It's going to be everything you think it could be," Jamestown athletic director Austin Hieb said Tuesday. "They'll meet with coaches, administrators, student-athletes, weight-training staff. They'll look at the campus and facilities, of course. They'll be checking out everything."

An NSIC contingent including presidents, chancellors, athletic directors, conference staff, senior women's administrators and faculty athletics representatives will be on-site Wednesday and Thursday.

This move makes sense on so many levels. The GPAC while a good bb conference, you aren't close to anyone and have no natural rivalries. The GPAC is predominately a Sioux City/Omaha based league. Jamestown's closest conference team is Mitchell SD.

NSIC while presenting some challenges in Football, works better from from a travel standpoint. UJ's faciliities are fine and many teams (BB and Volleyball) are already mid tier level NSiC teams.

It's a big week.

I really do not see what reason U of J would not get invited to join. Basketball has been solid, Volleyball solid, T & F good, baseball good, football will be the week point, but they have u of Mary and Minot State so there is that. One question would be does the NSIC have womens wrestling? I will just go ahead and look if they do.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I really do not see what reason U of J would not get invited to join. Basketball has been solid, Volleyball solid, T & F good, baseball good, football will be the week point, but they have u of Mary and Minot State so there is that. One question would be does the NSIC have womens wrestling? I will just go ahead and look if they do.
    I also believe the NSIC is losing a school, so they would be an odd number thus adding a school balances the divisions. The GPAC was adding a school in Iowa so they would have been an odd number of teams. Thus an additional reason to vote out UJ to get to an even number.

Jimmie women lose a tough one to Concordia 2-1 in overtime. Cobbers came out strong in the first leading 1-0 but then it was the Jimmie’s with the better play tying it up with 5 to go. Jimmie’s took a penalty in ot and that’s when the Cobbers won it. Fun game to be at
    Sounds like a fun game to attend for sure! Go Jimmies!

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Rankings come out Tuesday and I gotta think they will be in top 10. If so it would be another milestone for this young program

https://www.jimmiepride.com/sports/a...ibextid=Zxz2cZ