Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

Default Re: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

Just got back from the Harold Newman Arena where the Jimmie women volleyball team won the GPAC tournament defeating Concordia of Nebraska 3-0. Record goes to 31-0 and will be the number 1 seed in the national tourney

#1 Jimmies open pool play with sweep of Texas Wesleyan
    Volleyball
    Posted 5 hours ago
    SIOUX CITY, Iowa-- Top-ranked University of Jamestown won its opening pool play match Tuesday at the NAIA Women's Volleyball Championship at the Tyson Events Center, sweeping Texas Wesleyan University 26-24, 25-19, 25-19.

Jamestown, now 33-0 this season, wraps up pool play with a Wednesday match against No. 20 Indiana Wesleyan at 10:30 a.m.

It was a quick start for the Jimmies as they opened up with the first five points of set one, three of them coming on service aces. After the Rams got within 9-6, UJ twice built leads of nine points at 20-11 and 21-12.

An Anna Holen (SR/LaMoure, N.D.) kill put Jamestown ahead 23-17 and it appeared as if the Jimmies were ready to close out the set. Three straight TWU points cut the UJ lead in half, but Holen came back with another kill to put Jamestown at set point. Again TWU put together three straight to get within one and force a Jimmie timeout. A Jamestown attack error made it four in a row for the Rams and tied the set. Jayla Ritter (SR/Forest Lake, Minn.) answered with a kill, then a TWU attack error won the set for the Jimmies.

The second set got off to a similar start as Jamestown took leads of 5-1 and 9-2. Texas Wesleyan closed the gap to 14-12 after a Bailey Foy kill, then made it a one-point game at 16-15 after Foy and Arianna Alvarado combined for a block. Unfazed, the Jimmies took the next four points, capped off by a Ram attack error, to go ahead 20-16. A pair of Corina Huff (SR/Pequot Lakes, Minn.) kills accounted for the final UJ points and a 2-0 match lead.

Texas Wesleyan held a slim 4-3 lead in the third before Jamestown turned the tide. A 13-5 run gave the Jimmies a 16-9 lead and an overwhelming shift in momentum. The Rams got no closer than five points down the stretch, and another stellar hitting performance rounded out the win. Five of the final six Jimmie points came via kills, and the team hit .412 on 34 attempts in the set.

Huff led the way with 13 kills and hit. 407 for the match, while Ritter had 10 kills. Holen ended with eight kills, four aces, and 13 digs.

Jackie Meiklejohn (SR/Dickey, N.D.) passed out 22 assists and Megan Gaffaney (SR/Jamestown, N.D.) 18. Ellie Holen (SO/LaMoure, N.D.) finished with a team-high 20 digs. Huff had three blocks and Taylor Sabinash (SR/Kensal, N.D.) added two.

OUX CITY, Iowa-- The top-ranked University of Jamestown women's volleyball team swept its way to the quarterfinals of the NAIA National Championship Wednesday morning. The Jimmies defeated No. 20 Indiana Wesleyan University 27-25, 25-13, 25-10 to win Pool A.

The Jimmies (34-0) set a new program record for wins in a season, beating the previous mark of 33 set in 2019. Wednesday's sweep was also the 29th three-set win for Jamestown in 2021. UJ will face either Corban (Ore.) or Bellevue (Neb.) in the quarterfinals Thursday. The Corban/Bellevue match is set for Wednesday at 3 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    OUX CITY, Iowa-- The top-ranked University of Jamestown women's volleyball team swept its way to the quarterfinals of the NAIA National Championship Wednesday morning. The Jimmies defeated No. 20 Indiana Wesleyan University 27-25, 25-13, 25-10 to win Pool A.

The Jimmies (34-0) set a new program record for wins in a season, beating the previous mark of 33 set in 2019. Wednesday's sweep was also the 29th three-set win for Jamestown in 2021. UJ will face either Corban (Ore.) or Bellevue (Neb.) in the quarterfinals Thursday. The Corban/Bellevue match is set for Wednesday at 3 p.m.
    Bellevue beat Corban 3-1.
    U of J will play Bellevue at 5:00 today.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

good volleyball out there, any transfers available for NDSU?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    good volleyball out there, any transfers available for NDSU?
    Kalli Hegerle who played for NDSU is on the team. Not the transfer you are looking for I suppose.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Kalli Hegerle who played for NDSU is on the team. Not the transfer you are looking for I suppose.
    ohh. oh. nah.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Jimmie women move on to the semis after beating Bellevue of Nebraska 3-0

Jimmie women lose for the third year in a row in the semis

Mason Walters - 6’ 9” 225 - F - Jamestown ND

The University of Jamestown's Mason Walters (JR/Jamestown, ND) was chosen as GPAC Player of the Year Wednesday as the conference office announced its postseason honors.

Walters, also the 2020-21 GPAC Player of the Year, is currently averaging 24.5 points and 11.5 rebounds per game. Walters is second in the NAIA in scoring and fifth in rebounding. His 686 points this season is second-most in Jimmie history, and he ranks third in rebounds and fourth in scoring among the all-time leaders at UJ.
    https://www.jimmiepride.com/article/6489

Wonder if he is interested in being Rocky’s replacement???
    I’ll guess that Boden Skunberg’s former teammate could have 2 years of eligibility if he did transfer……

On a bit of a thread drift, another interesting big is 6’ 10” 225 Jackson Moni down at Northern State. The Sheyenne HS grad averaged 14.2 ppg, 5.5 rpg as a true freshman in 31 mpg. Even shot .387 from 3 range.