Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

Default Re: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Seriously, this falls in line with the whole mentality of Jamestown, they just put a certain spin on things and pretend that it's great. They changed the name to UJ so it sounded bigger and better than plain old Jamestown College. They started calling the airport Jamestown REGIONAL Airport so they can pretend it's bigger, and my favorite, they put a new 20 bed hospital and named it (again) Jamestown REGIONAL Medical Center. Makes them sound bigger than Mayo in Rochester, since Mayo is only a Clinic.
    ..... The new hospital is for, you know, Jamestown and the area around it, commonly referred to as a REGION. Omg Fargo's airport is called Hector INTERNATIONAL airport. Super big and important.

I think you might be retarded.
    College of Business Alumnus

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    ..... The new hospital is for, you know, Jamestown and the area around it, commonly referred to as a REGION. Omg Fargo's airport is called Hector INTERNATIONAL airport. Super big and important.

This........

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    Keep telling yourself that.....
    Have you ever been to Sioux Center, Iowa, (Dordt) or Orange City, Iowa (Northwestern) ? Noteworthy in terms of events is the Tulip Festival they have in Orange City every June. One of my daughters graduated from Northwestern. The truth be known, I felt perfectly safe and content having her in Orange City.......the sheriff's name was Andy and the deputy's name was Barney.

The "international" designation is not of Fargo's choosing to make them feel "Super big and important." It is used for any airport that has a customs and immigration office that serves international travel. And your use of the word "retarded" to express your disagreement with someone is, well, ignorant.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    The "international" designation is not of Fargo's choosing to make them feel "Super big and important." It is used for any airport that has a customs and immigration office that serves international travel. And your use of the word "retarded" to express your disagreement with someone is, well, ignorant.
    The point is, he rips on Jamestown for having some "mentality" because they include the word "regional" in a hospital and airport name. I don't have a problem with Fargo's air port being called Hector International. Honestly, I'm a townie and didn't even know the name of the airport or the hospital. I can't say I've ever heard the proper name for either of them in conversation.

If I had called him a moron, or inbecile, or stupid would you have cared? Probably not, even though those terms can be argued are just as bad.

The point is, he rips on Jamestown for having some "mentality" because they include the word "regional" in a hospital and airport name. I don't have a problem with Fargo's air port being called Hector International. Honestly, I'm a townie and didn't even know the name of the airport or the hospital. I can't say I've ever heard the proper name for either of them in conversation.

If I had called him a moron, or inbecile, or stupid would you have cared? Probably not, even though those terms can be argued are just as bad
    I am not sure what "inbecile" means, but since you don't seem to get it or don't care I will leave it at that. Trying to explain it to you would be pointless.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

If I had called him a moron, or inbecile, or stupid would you have cared?
    The real question is....................why the name-calling at all?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    I am not sure what "inbecile" means, but since you don't seem to get it or don't care I will leave it at that. Trying to explain it to you would be pointless.
    obvious typo is obvious.

Don't care would be the case. Don't be a PC Principle. <----BF02

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Seriously, this falls in line with the whole mentality of Jamestown, they just put a certain spin on things and pretend that it's great. They changed the name to UJ so it sounded bigger and better than plain old Jamestown College. They started calling the airport Jamestown REGIONAL Airport so they can pretend it's bigger, and my favorite, they put a new 20 bed hospital and named it (again) Jamestown REGIONAL Medical Center. Makes them sound bigger than Mayo in Rochester, since Mayo is only a Clinic.
    I don't see why this burns you so bad, the Airport is probably designated that via the FAA as it truly is "regional"

another example of trying to be "bigger" is the way Bismarck tries to copy pretty much everything Fargo does...it happens. Fargo tries to copy Minneapolis
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I've lived in Jimtown for 47 of my 55 years. I find these recent posts hilarious. We have the worlds largest buffalo and that is all that matters.