Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

its ok, Coach is a UND ALum and according to Joel Heitkamp and Kermit the frog aka..Jack Michaels he is a class act and this slipped thru the cracks...

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    its ok, Coach is a UND ALum and according to Joel Heitkamp and Kermit the frog aka..Jack Michaels he is a class act and this slipped thru the cracks...
    It figures, crap college run by even dumber people. Funny thing is, even though they were cheating with an ineligible player they still had a pathetic record. Oh well, at least now UN_ can be proud of their 3-8 record from last year, Jamestown College was winless for 2 years.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I live here in Jamestown also and first time I heard about this. Posted in Jamestown Sun today. I work with a wife of one of the coaches. Did not want to talk about it.
    First I had heard about it too. What surprises me the most is the Jimmies actually had 6 wins in those 2 seasons. Football program has stunk for quite some time now. At least they got the Paint Bucket back beating VC this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Coach is a U of Jamestown grad.

Josh Kittell Image

Josh Kittell

Head Coach - 3rd Season

 University of Jamestown

josh.kittell@uj.edu

 ext. 5420

Garrison, N.D., native Josh Kittell enters his third season as head football coach in 2018.

The former record-setting Jimmie quarterback was named head coach December 22, 2015.

Prior to being named the head coach of the Jimmies, Kittell served as an offensive quality control assistant at North Dakota State, which won their fifth consecutive FCS national championship.

Kittell was the Jimmies' offensive coordinator in 2014. Jamestown averaged just over 411 yards per game of total offense that season, the best mark for the program since Kittell's senior season as a player in 2008.

During Kittell's two years as the starting quarterback, the Jimmies posted a combined record of 16-5 and he led Jamestown to the 2007 NAIA playoffs. As a junior in 2007, the Jimmies posted a 9-2 record and claimed the Dakota Athletic Conference championship. He completed 64 percent of his passes for 2,320 yards and 22 touchdowns.

As a senior in 2008, Kittell led the Jimmies to a 7-3 record while setting single-season school records for passing yards (2,938), passes attempted (395), passes completed (249), and total offense (3,345). He set the single-game record for touchdown passes with 6 and most consecutive passes completed with 12 against Peru State in the 2008 season opener. He finished second in the nation in total offense, sixth in passing yards per game (293.8) and 22nd in passing efficiency.

After graduating from the University of Jamestown in 2008 with a degree in business administration, Kittell played professional football in Germany for the Franken Knights.

He returned to North Dakota to help start the football program at Dakota College at Bottineau, serving as offensive coordinator in 2009.

Kittell then moved to Minot State where he served as a graduate assistant from 2010 to 2011 and then as a full-time assistant for the Beavers during the 2012 and 2013 seasons. As a graduate assistant he worked with quarterbacks, outside linebackers and safeties. As a full-time assistant he served as wide receivers coach as well as kick-off return and punt return coordinator.

His older brother, Joe, is the head men's basketball coach at the University of Mary.

Josh Kittell University of Jamestown Coaching Record

Year W-L NSAA Points For Points Allowed Conference Finish
    2016 2-9 1-5 227 327 T-3rd
    2017 2-9 2-6 205 410 6th
    Total 4-18 3-11 432 737

***Record not updated yet****

Good guy know him well. Tough deal but it is what it is. Move on from it and learn. That is all a person can do.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

North Dakota Hockey Day will be on the beautiful campus of the University of Jamestown January 19. Youth games start at 8:30 am followed by 2 high school games ending with the Jimmies taking on the U of Mary. Pray for 10-15 degree weather with no wind and clouds. Rink is set up on the west side of the library.

UJ adding another men’s hockey team next season. This will be an ACHA Div 2 team unlike the Div 1 team playing now

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    UJ adding another men’s hockey team next season. This will be an ACHA Div 2 team unlike the Div 1 team playing now
    Is this being set up as a JV/Varsity system so they can build depth for their program? Or, is it just that there is enough demand from the students that they needed a second club team?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Is this being set up as a JV/Varsity system so they can build depth for their program? Or, is it just that there is enough demand from the students that they needed a second club team?
    Great question. Truthfully not sure how it works. If you are on the D 2 team are you allowed to move up? I’ll have to look into that

University of Jamestown won the conference tourney title over Morningside on Tuesday night. Both team were already heading to the National D2 NAIA tourney in Sioux Falls (Pentagon) . Tourney is March 6-11. Jimmies play SouthEastern Florida at 10:30 Wednesday morning. They are really run to watch. I know nothing about SE Fla. Thinking about road tripping down in the morning for the game. Have not decided yet.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    University of Jamestown won the conference tourney title over Morningside on Tuesday night. Both team were already heading to the National D2 NAIA tourney in Sioux Falls (Pentagon) . Tourney is March 6-11. Jimmies play SouthEastern Florida at 10:30 Wednesday morning. They are really run to watch. I know nothing about SE Fla. Thinking about road tripping down in the morning for the game. Have not decided yet.
    One hell of an accomplishment