Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

Default Re: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Nice road trip for the lady Jimmies.
    They sure did going 3-0 after beating Colorado St 10-3 yesterday. Brutal schedule to start the year with teams in their conference, which is by far the toughest in the nation

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Schedule wise I know Your daughter wouldn’t want it any other way!
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

#2 Jimmies to host Saint Ambrose in NAIA Opening Round
    Volleyball
    Posted 4 days ago
    The second-ranked University of Jamestown volleyball team will host Saint Ambrose (Iowa) in the NAIA Opening Round Saturday at Harold Newman Arena. Match time is set for 3 p.m.

UJ (31-2) is one of 36 teams that qualified automatically, with 12 more teams earning at-large bids. St. Ambrose (24-9) earned their spot by finishing as the runner-up in the CCAC postseason tournament.

The Jimmies are making their tenth appearance at nationals, while St. Ambrose will be appearing on the national stage for the seventh time, and the first since 2010.

Jamestown has 13 wins against nine different teams that qualified for this year's national tournament. St. Ambrose and UJ have played two common opponents this season--Saint Mary (Kan.) and Morningside (Iowa). UJ won twice against Morningside and defeated Saint Mary, while St. Ambrose was swept by Saint Mary and won in four sets over Morningside.

After opening rounds, the action at the final site inside the Tyson Events Center in Sioux City, Iowa starts with three days of pool play from November 30 – December 2. The top team in each three-team pool will advance to the elimination bracket on Saturday, December 3, the semifinals will be played on Monday, December 5 and the national champion will be crowned Tuesday, December 6 with the first serve set for 7 p.m. CST on ESPN3.

#2 Jimmies join No. 15 Saint Mary (Neb.), Rocky Mountain in Pool B

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – (Schedule | Bracket) The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) has released the pool assignments and schedule for the 2022 NAIA Women's Volleyball National Championship in Sioux City, Iowa.

All teams that advance to the final site in Sioux City competed in the opening round before advancing. At the conclusion of the opening rounds, the winners were placed in eight pools of three teams based on the seeding that was set by the selection committee.

The Tyson Event Center in Sioux City, Iowa, will serve as the venue for the 15th-straight women's volleyball national championship. The tournament will be played from November 30 – December 6. At the conclusion of pool play, the top team out of each pool will advance to the single-elimination bracket starting on December 3.

The NAIA Network – the association's official video-streaming home – will broadcast all matches excluding the championship match live at the 2022 NAIA Volleyball National Championship final site in Sioux City, Iowa. The video platform, powered by Presto allows users access to live video, statistics and social interaction on a number of devices, including mobile. Single-day passes can be purchased for $9.95, while a pool play pass is $24.95 (November 30 – December 2) and a championship package is available at $39.95. The championship match includes all pool play, quarterfinal and semifinal matches.

The championship on December 6 will be streamed on ESPN3. The link can be found on the schedule at a closer date.

Pool B

1 Jamestown (N.D.)
    2 College of Saint Mary (Neb.)
    3 Rocky Mountain (Mont.)

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What division is UJ hockey? Their website states Division 1, but I know they don't play the UND's of the world. So Division 1 of what?

This is for the men I noticed this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    What division is UJ hockey? Their website states Division 1, but I know they don't play the UND's of the world. So Division 1 of what?

This is for the men I noticed this.

Thanks
    They and the Womens team are in the ACHA D1 division. Jimmies also have a mens ACHA D2 team

SIOUX CITY, Iowa-- After 11 days between matches, the second-ranked University of Jamestown volleyball team showed no signs of rust as they swept Rocky Mountain (Mont.) College Wednesday morning in pool play at the NAIA National Championship. Set scores were 25-21, 25-19, 25-18.

Jamestown (33-2) will wrap up pool play on Friday with a match against College of Saint Mary (Neb.) at 10:00 a.m. CSM and Rocky Mountain will square off Thursday at 10 a.m.

SIOUX CITY, Iowa — After a tight first set, the No. 2-ranked University of Jamestown pulled away in the second set and swept the No. 15-ranked College of Saint Mary (25-23, 25-13, 25-22) on Friday, Dec. 2, at the Tyson Events Center.

The first set was all about the importance of timeouts, as the Jimmies (34-2) went on a 4-0 run to take an 18-15 lead, drawing a Flames timeout. Out of the stoppage, the Flames (21-9) responded with a 4-0 run of their own to take a 19-18 lead. The teams traded runs from there with the Jimmies taking a 22-20 lead, drawing another Flames timeout. This time it appeared to work better for the Jimmies as they responded with two points in a row to put them on the edge of a first-set win at 24-21, but the Flames fought back to cut the deficit to 24-23 on a kill from Kamryn Willman, drawing a Jimmies timeout. Out of the stoppage, the Jimmies’ Lexi Olson got the kill to give the Jimmies the 25-23 first-set win.

“I think we were still trying to find our rhythm but we talked and I called a timeout at the end of set one and said the same thing,” Jimmies head coach Jon Hegerle said. “I said, ‘you guys I want you to get up and I want you to be aggressive and I want you to challenge their block and swing hard at the ball.' I thought we did a nice job of saying alright, we’re going to go after it and we played better.”

The Jimmies asserted their dominance in the second set sprinting out to an 11-3 lead. After the Jimmies pushed the lead out to 22-8, the Flames went on a 5-1 run to cut the deficit to 23-13. The Jimmies responded with a 2-0 run finished off when Kalli Hegerle tucked one down the line to give the Jimmies the 25-13 second set win.

“I think it was a good balance between fun and intensity and that’s what you could really feel on the court,” Kalli Hegerle said. “We just poured into each other and it worked out for us.”

Jimmie women will play Midland tomorrow at 8 to see who goes to the NAIA National championship game

Jimmie women volleyball team defeated Midland tonight 3 games to 2 to reach the NAIA Championship game for the first time in school history

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cl2ip...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    Last edited by pucknut9; 12-07-2022 at 03:01 AM.